ATA newhire classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TriStar_drvr

According to our union membership committee chairman, 8 newhires started class on April 22. There is a planned class of 20 for May 6. There was no breakdown of the equipment type that would be assigned to the newhires.

Thanks for the update TriStar_drvr.

Are the guys for the May class from a pool that ATA has built up? I'm just wondering if they are likely to interview new people in the future. I had sent in the application a while back and still no word.

Also, do you know the percentage (roughly) of people they send out apps to that get an interview? Is getting an application pretty routine or does it mean you'll get called someday? Trying to figure my odds out.

Thanks for the info.

I am one of the lucky ones going to class on May 5th. I sent my resume in Oct. received an app about three weeks later and returned it in Nov. There were a couple of people in my interview group that had their app in for three weeks and got a call. I got the call on the first of April for an interview on the 10th. Heard the good news on the 11th. As it stands now all forteen of us in the May class are in the 757. There was one United furlough when I interviewed and I am pretty sure he got the job. Great group of people there at ATA, cannot wait to start.

Congrats!!!!!!!

flyhard,

Excellent news about the job! That must feel awesome. I sent my application in there in March so I may have awhile to wait. I have several friends at ATA and they all have great things to say about the company.

It is also good to hear that they will consider United furloughees. I would say most of us are never going back to UAL due to the work rule changes that just started over there. UAL will probably lay off 1,000 more for a total of near 2,500 out on furlough.

If I ever get a recall at UAL it will be at least 6-7 years out. I hope to be on with a new company that I can start over again with and tell UAL to go jump in a lake if they call.

If you hear anything about future hiring or interviewing please share it with us. Congrats again!

UALX727

Thanks. It does feel great to be close to getting back in a cockpit again. Good luck with the job search and I will pass any info along that I get.

Tri star I also heard there was a class at the end of may as well, and the 767 look to be a done deal. have you heard any truth to this?

First Year FO pay?

This question has probably been asked a million times, but what is first year FO pay at ATA? Does it vary by aircraft type? What can you "reasonably" expect for your first year on with ATA total? I know that you guys signed a new contract recently.

I have my application in and I hope I get a call sometime soon... It would be nice to know what to expect if I am lucky enough to get called...

Thanks

Hi!

1st yr. FO pay is about $40K, I believe.

CLiff
GRB

Tri star I also heard there was a class at the end of may as well, and the 767 look to be a done deal. have you heard any truth to this?

I'm not sure about the class at the end of May. As for 767s, I'll believe it when I'm sitting in one, or talk to another ATA pilot who has flown one. :)

This question has probably been asked a million times, but what is first year FO pay at ATA? Does it vary by aircraft type? What can you "reasonably" expect for your first year on with ATA total?

First year pay is $36 an hour with a 75 hour guarantee. This increases to $37.50 on July 1. No, it doesn't vary by aircraft type. Second year rates are around $64 an hour for the 737 and 757, and $70 for the L1011. What can you expect? It depends if you want to fly any extra. 33k for the first year, if you don't do any extra flying. I believe most guys in the 737 and 757 are flying 85-90 hours a month. L1011 guys are really busy now. Don't know how long that may last. 40k for the first year would be a reasonable amount to expect if you're willing to do some extra flying.

expect to work!

I just finished training on the 737 and after my guaranteed 3 days off they have 6 days of flying already for me. If you get hired here expect to work and alot. The hourly wage is 36.00 but with the per diem and overtime you will make enough to get by. I love it here and my new fellow employees are some of the best I've ever worked with.I look forward to all the drinking we will do ;) . good luck!

Latest resources

Back