• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA - New Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where are ATA's bases now? Do they still allow you to be based where you live if you are on charter ops?

ATA Bases:

737 - IND, MDW
757 - IND, MDW, LAX, SFO
L10 - IND, JFK, LAX

There is no provision for home baseing. We have a 12 hour callout Reserve option. So basically if you were on Res B you could live at home.

We also have a "self-positioner" program which allows the pilot within certain limitations to deadhead him/herself to the first leg of the trip if it starts out-of-base.

Unfortunately Res B is not as prevelant as it used to be. Usually you are on Res A (2 hour callout) which means you have to be in base.

757 is the same rate as the 737.

L10 rates are 10% greater.

SFO and LAX have started to go relatively senior. Lot's of pilots from the "Left Coast" that bid out there. But the bottom of those base seniority lists can go fairly junior.

Right now, I would say JFK has a good shot at becoming our most Junior (Undesireable) base.

Just an opinion though.

Here are the Per Diem Rates:

6. Hourly Rates:

Effective: Dom Intl Pacific Rim

DOS $1.90 $2.20 $2.60
01/01/04 $2.00 $2.40 $2.70
01/01/05 $2.10 $2.50 $2.80
01/01/06 $2.20 $2.60 $2.90

Per diem for turnaround Trips shall be paid at the following rates:

Less than 10 hour 10 hour or more Duty

Effective: Duty Period Period (all hours)

DOS $1.25 $1.50
01/01/04 $1.40 $1.65
01/01/05 $1.50 $1.75
01/01/06 $1.60 $1.85

The real question is are you going to hire anyone when the dust settles?

Does the TA say anything about new hires getting per diem while they are in training? I know that as of now, you don't get any until you are done with training.

Per Diem during initial training? Looks like the answer is no. However, other language in the contract seems to indicate you may receive eight hours per day on days you are in training. I'm a pilot, nor a lawyer, thus I'm having some difficulty interpreting the language of the contract.

As for new hires after the dust settles? My guess would be yes.

Finally, it's hard to tell what will be the junior base. Since the L10 will pay more than the other aircraft if this passes (currently, it pays the same as the 757), some people may decide to go for the cash. Since JFK is an L10 only base, it may not be the most junior one.

Latest resources

Back