ATA input

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sadlmkr

Anyone have any thoughts as to the hiring? Months,years?? I heard they are still looking for more a/c.

I hope so!! I am waiting for a class myself. They are going to have to get new birds....Or decide they have to many pilots!

ATA Update
From the Chief Pilot's monthly update;

Hiring / Training
Due to the decision to not add four B757 aircraft to the fleet this year, new hire pilot hiring has stopped with the cancellation of the March 01 class. Some B757 new hire training has also been stopped and the new hires are being rescheduled to B737 classes. Fifty-two (52) new pilots started training this year. Included in the fifty-two (52) are four (4) furloughed F/Es upgrading to F/Os. Vacancy / Base bid 04-02 was cancelled prior to awarding it. Upon distribution of Op Plan 3 with the revised operating plans for 2004, a determination will be made regarding any further Vacancy / Base bids for 2004 and any further pilot hiring for 2004

-in my opinion- the company has grown quite a bit in 03' and instead of growing a whole lot more in 04' they are deciding to "steer the ship" into greater profits and strength, in 05' many new planes are coming and supposedly TransAtlantic service (rumor is we are deciding between RyanAir or EasyJet to codeshare with), and with 767 talks underway the growth is definitely not done, just on hold for a short time. I'll let you know when Op Plan 3 comes out.....

I don't know if it is related to op plan 3 or not, but a new status bid is out now, but only 12 captain slots. 8 757 MDW and 4 L-1011 IND. Also 2 L-1011 FOs in IND.

Change

Things around here tend to change like the weather. It won't be long before Op plans 4, 5, & 6 come out. My guess is that the growth won't be as aggressive as originally planned but will continue. More hiring will be done, just slower for a while. If bookings & RASM improve that growth will probably quicken. At the least we have a bunch of deliveries in 2005.:)

mvi-

ATA is not accepting resumes or applications at this time. Hopefully, things will change down the road.

sayagain?

Latest resources

Back