ATA hiring update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rice,
I had a couple of pilots take my resume in. One said that was about the only way now to get one. I dont know if that is true or not, the other guys can clear that up. Good luck to you, we need all we can get.

Go Bucs!!!!

Rice-

If you know an ATA pilot that will write a letter of rec for you, have them send it along with your resume to IND. You'll get an application if you meet the minimums. The chances of getting an app without a letter of rec are slim. I know people that have gotten them in the past so there still is a chance. Good Luck.

sayagain?

Just got a call from a Vanguard homie. He was called to interview the first week of February. So expect interviews on Feb 3,4,5,and 6.

Unrecommended resumes get reviewed on par with other similar resumes. Realistically, 1000 PIC turbine and some 121 LARGE jet time is needed to crack the door. This is the same as for pilots who have recommendations, but there are so many recommended folks in the pipeline that there isn't much need to go after the pilots without recs. Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear, but I tried for several years to get ATA interested in me and it wasn't until a friend kicked azz from the inside for me that they became interested.

Interesting. I was looking at the internal job openings today and noticed nothing for Flt Ops. Does anyone know if ATA has hired pilots from internal sources before? I know Chicago Express pilots get preferential treatment at ATA and some Chicago Express pilots come from the C8 Customer Service and Mx ranks.

thanks,

joe

ata interview

just got the call from Sasha yesterday !
I got my app on june 22nd and sent it june 28th.
I did have a letter of rec.

Does anyone have any recent interview info ?

Thanks

clue.

A friend tells me:

"A recommend is a very good thing at this point.

However, ATA has always given the job to the guy or gal who is "relentless" and goes the "Extra Mile".

Send a resume and wait? You'll NEVER be hired.

Call, write, show up in person: WEEKLY....Network with ATA pilots, kiss some corporate ass, show them you will live and die to get a job with them, if you get an app. send it back the NEXT day, FEDEX, 9:00am delivery...That's what they wanna see."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They hired my friend when he was TOTALLY unqualified, in a hiring market (VERY) similar to this... Wars, furloughs, bankruptcy's (how the HELL do you spell THAT word? Nothing looks right!) and outright failures. If you remember your history it was 1991-93...

This "biness" is SO predictable,

YKW

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back