Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TriStar_drvr

The following two paragraphs are cut from a letter to the pilots from the DO:

"As we begin 2003, we will continue to do everything possible to increase our asset utilization by flying our aircraft more. This will mean fewer aircraft spares and shorter turn times and it will definitely impact our on-time performance, but right now the name of the game is to return this Company to profitability and to conserve cash. As a result of this increased flying, we expect to hire about 100 new pilots. This is certainly counter to the industry trend of furloughing crewmembers, but I believe we need to fly our way out of our current financial problems."

"We are conducting new hire interviews the week of January 13. This process will continue over the next several months. A new hire class for 3 B737 F/O's and 3 B757 F/O's was conducted on Jan 6. The next new hire class of 4 B737 F/O's is scheduled for Feb 3 and a class of 14 new hire B757 F/O's is scheduled for February 17. Transition and upgrade training for B757 and B737 crewmembers continues at a brisk pace."

Looks like those in the pool may not be there much longer, and those with apps in may get called for an interview in the next few months. Good Luck!

As a out of work poolie, this sure is good news. Once again Tristardriver, your efforts in keeping us informed on this board is much appreciated.

Still can't get an Application

I know times are tough but is so bad that ATA won't even send me an app. Hey I'm not even biitchin about having to pay the fee. Wrote them a nice, professional letter along with the resume and got squat back. An app in the mail may only be gaining false hope but thats better than no hope at all.

Alright I feel better now.

:p

Same with me Rice. However, at least ATA is hiring. Good luck to you and good luck to the people in the pool at ATA.

How long is my app active?

I got my app in Nov 02. The app itself says this is only good for 6 months, but the accompanying letter said it was going to be good for a year and to disregard the app's 6 month clause.
Regards,

Tri-star,

Have they already hired for those classes? Do you know when the next set of interviews will be? I appreciate all the information you give us guys waiting in the wings.
Tony

The Feb 3rd slots have been filled. I haven't heard any reports of calls for the Feb 17th class yet, but they should be going out soon. After the 17th class is filled there should be about 30 pilots in the pool (this includes the Jan interview group).

Expect one week (four days of six pilots each) of interviews per month for the near future. A new position bid is expected in early March - which means it will be out in May sometime.

Tristar, NJACapt, et al.

Guy's please don't take this the wrong way. But can any of you clue me in to what it takes to even get an application from ATA? Is there a secret handshake or something like it that I have to learn first? I've sent repeated requests to Indy and got nothing for a response. Don't know anyone on the inside so its kinda hard to have a buddy "hook me up" with one. Any insider knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

Latest resources

Back