• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA hiring numbers for 1st quarter '04

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most new hires are going to MDW to 737 F/O or 757 I/O slots. The chief pilot indicated that they will not be placing anyone else on the L-1011 this year. There are only 6 L-10's left so they may not even let anyone else bid for it in the future.

Mach 0

Just curious--what is I/O? is that a typo or not? Also, what kind of international flying does the 757 do for ATA? Is it all carribean or does it do some unique international charter work? Thanks!

exupflyer said:
I sent my ATA app in in August and they still have not cashed my check! I interviewed in Sept and I'm in class starting tomorrow so I'm thinking that my app went thru. Maybe my check was lost in the shuffle. I'm not going to ask any questions though

Oh... Didn't anyone get ahold of you? Your job offer was rescinded since you didn't have an application fee processed.

Sorry.

Lighten up, Bud, you got the job. I'm kidding!!! Welcome aboard.

I/O

I/O = International Officer. Basically a type-rated F/O.

I/O's are used for Int. Ops when scheduled flight time exceeds 8 hours. We use them mainly for West Coast/Hawaii turns, MDW-Caribbean turns, and military charter. While most of our F/O's get typed very few actually get to do any I/O work (if that's what you'd call it :cool: )

MT2,

Delta also types everyone on the 757/767 (we have over 3000 pilots that are typed on them), and that is also for insurance reasons.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back