ATA Health?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flying Jade

Hey folks. I was wondering if anyone knew how ATA is doing these days? I talked to someone recently who said they are hanging on by a thread (economically) and may shut down anyday now. I had no idea. Thought they were doing better than that with their SWA codeshare, etc...

Anyone at ATA shed some light on their status?

At least 100 more furloughs, we have over 200 out now. To be announced this coming Friday or next Monday.

Coming down to the pennies with cash on hand.

Something big is about to happen, just don't know if it's good or bad. Lots of people sniffing around the puzzle palace in Indy.

First 767-300ER coming as per court documents. Cold comfort for furloughees, but at least it's positive news.

The new plan is effective May 1 2006 down to one (maybe two) gates in MDW. Guess who gets all the rest?? SWA.

Guess who gets what they have been trying to accomplish all along?? SWA.

I saw a former CA I flew with at ATA when I was in PIT the other day. It seems that things haven't changed much. Had a great time when I was there.

Hey Pickle, I flew with one of your former cargo partners in crime last month. Great guy, he says hello. Larry C.

PS- Thanks for your help back in September.

We just got the word that ATA will be down to ONE gate at MDW full-time and one gate part-time as of May 1st.Still waiting for the 'plan' regarding fleet size/pilots/bases.CP said a total of 30 aircraft for '06 : 12 737-800/ 3 737-300/ 6 757-200/ 4 757-300/ 4 L1011/ 1 767 We'll see how it plays out. 'Codeshare', what codeshare ????

Wow! Very sad. My heart goes out to everyone at ATA.

Andy G said:
We just got the word that ATA will be down to ONE gate at MDW full-time and one gate part-time as of May 1st.Still waiting for the 'plan' regarding fleet size/pilots/bases.CP said a total of 30 aircraft for '06 : 12 737-800/ 3 737-300/ 6 757-200/ 4 757-300/ 4 L1011/ 1 767 We'll see how it plays out. 'Codeshare', what codeshare ????

Big Easy:

No problem, you are very welcome.

Tell Larry I said Hello. He and I were neighbors for a few months also in Hollywood, I wonder if he remembers that?

Pickle SWA doesn't get the rest, the BR judge gave SWA 4, and the city got the other 3. Also, our codeshare is going to be changed somewhat, how I have no idea. You guys have been good to all our pilots, so I do wish you guys the best.

Latest resources

Back