ATA Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tzflyer

It's official. ATA today notified that it is furloughing 2 FO's from the L-1011 and expects up to 80 or 90 FO's to go at an unspecified date. They also furloughed some PFE's as well.
Sliding even quicker down the hill, its gonna be a heck of a ride.

George is supposedly in MDW so we'll have to wait and see about any news, good or bad.

sayagain?

It's Been in the Works

MGMT and the MEC have been talking furlough to the amount of 80+ for several months today. Apparently we staffed for 40 737's but only received 34.

What surprised me was the small number announced today (2FO/6PFE). Why even bother?

NZCHooverboy said:
MGMT and the MEC have been talking furlough to the amount of 80+ for several months today. Apparently we staffed for 40 737's but only received 34.

What surprised me was the small number announced today (2FO/6PFE). Why even bother?
A buddy of mine in the 757 was in MDW twice today. He landed right behind the ExecuJet Citation George was riding on - supposedly he was there for a big announcement. Someone in MDW MX said that they had the podium set up and everything, but at the last minute they took everything down and cancelled the press conference. Allegedly the talks relating to the 'big announcement' broke down at the last minute. The miniscule furloughs announced later this afternoon could be face saving on management's part after notifying the MEC that a furlough announcement was coming out today.

I've been checking the ATA web site all day and I'll be dammed if I can find more than a token amount of 757-200 flying in our schedule the second week of November - a fraction of the typical amount of flying to just a few of the normal cities. Mostly Florida.

We'll see what happens when the November bids come out in a couple of days. Supposedly, the Scheduling Committee hasn't been provided with advance copies of the bids in compliance with our contract.

May you live in interesting times

Ancient Chinese Curse

K --

It was all way overblown. GM came up to MDW in the Citation, picked up his lost podium, and took it back to Indy. Once there it's been rumored he's practicing for the "really, really big announcement". :rolleyes:

MT

WayBack said:
I thought GM cruised around in his ATA Lear25 or 35???? Why would he go get a Citation, when he already has his Lear and Helicopters?
Execujet has a Lear 35, a Bell Jetranger and a Cessna Citation 551. The Citation is cheaper to operatre and just as fast on short flights like IND to MDW.

Anyaway this was just another attempt at brand recognition in ATA's multi-pronged advertising campaign. It worked just as well as the rest of the prongs. You know ATA, the biggest little airline no one has ever heard of before.

This rumor comes with exactly zero evidence to support it, but I just received a call at home reporting that per an ATA F/A the HP crew now is comfortably back in PHX, having "bought us" today. They supposedly returned on a flight her crashpad roomie worked. We shall see what announcements are ensuing.

joe

I have a hard time believing a buyout rumor. I can see taking a few 757's off our hands but if you ask me I see a codeshare coming down the pike.

jjbiv said:
This rumor comes with exactly zero evidence to support it, but I just received a call at home reporting that per an ATA F/A the HP crew now is comfortably back in PHX, having "bought us" today. They supposedly returned on a flight her crashpad roomie worked. We shall see what announcements are ensuing.

joe
Awww, Man. Don't go repeating rumors from Flight Attendants. :rolleyes:

Don't be so sure of nobody knowing you guys. About once every two months I get a conversation that goes like this:

Person: Who do you fly for?

Me: AirTran.

Person: Oh, I love you guys, I flew you from Tampa to Indianapolis.

Me: No you didn't.

Person: Yes I did!

Me: No you didn't, you flew ATA, I'm AirTran.

Person: Yeah, ATA.

Me: Hope to see you on another flight.:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back