• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It sucks to see my hometown airline that I grew up flying on, struggling.
On another note... ATA's maintenance has been on a hiring freeze since last winter. I was talking to an ATA maintenance controller and he was telling me that they keep extending checks and inspections because they don't have the needed man power. They just started hiring contract maintenance to help on costs so hopefully everything will get up to date on the maintenance side of things.

Another aggravating thing to me is that the mechanic's aren't cooperating with wage concessions. My opinion is that the pilot's have done there part to try and save the company and now the mechanics need to do the same.

Last edited:
Saw the C551 at KPDK near Atlanta today. After hearing Ground instruct "AmTran 99" to taxi to the ramp, I'm expecting to see a 737 with winglets or something to that effect.....instead around the corner comes a little Citation II.

George must have been in ATL talking to the Airtran folks. Probably hoping to get the same deal that was offered to him in the past.

Just wanted to throw another rumor out there. Everybody else has. Maybe we're buying Delta!

sayagain?

PS Three furloughs in 12 years, can ATA make it 4 in 12?

Doesn't any sew anymore?

[QUOTE
Quit being a bunch of old women around the table during a bridge tourny comming up with new rumors, and spreading them.[/QUOTE]
Man, I haven't had a new quilt since my grandma passed in the '70s

sayagain? said:
George must have been in ATL talking to the Airtran folks. Probably hoping to get the same deal that was offered to him in the past.

Just wanted to throw another rumor out there. Everybody else has. Maybe we're buying Delta!

sayagain?

PS Three furloughs in 12 years, can ATA make it 4 in 12?
If he was in ATL it might not be for AirTran since their HQs is in MCO. Maybe ATA was talking to World about selling the charter business to them since they are in PeachTree City where he landed.

WayBack said:
Is that was the big announcement was today? Rumor around the terminal, was that SWA and ATA we're going to make a big announcement this afternoon.
Join the old ladies club Wayback. Before telling others to quit posting rumors, maybe you should.

sayagain?

Latest resources

Back