ATA Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FLB717 said:
Don't be so sure of nobody knowing you guys. About once every two months I get a conversation that goes like this:

Person: Who do you fly for?

Me: AirTran.

Person: Oh, I love you guys, I flew you from Tampa to Indianapolis.

Me: No you didn't.

Person: Yes I did!

Me: No you didn't, you flew ATA, I'm AirTran.

Person: Yeah, ATA.

Me: Hope to see you on another flight.:rolleyes:
Reminds me of my days at SkyWest...

Person: Who do you fly for?

Me: SkyWest.

Person: Oh wow! They have great fares and that wacky CEO!

Me: No, that's Southwest.

Person: Right.

Me: I fly for SkyWest. We fly commuter operations for Delta.

Person: Oh! Those little puddle jumpers? So, do you hope to be a real pilot someday?

Me: I------fart in your general direction! (Spoken with a french accent!)

Ni!

GP

I think now that we are installing the business class a codeshare with HP would make more sense. But hey, that is not near as fun to talk about as a big merger, buyout, or bankruptcy. That is part of the problem with ATA F/A's if they would put half the energy in customer service that they put in the rumor mill it might actually improve the airline. The F/A MEC put a message on the union board saying that the bankrupt deal is a done deal. So you can see what kind of leadership the stews have.

"I thought GM cruised around in his ATA Lear25 or 35???? Why would he go get a Citation, when he already has his Lear and Helicopters?"
Dude, because you have to completely waste money and screw your employees to be an airline executive....c'mon now!

Guppy,
HA HA, no kidding. I had that conversation a lot when I worked at Chicago Express. I even get it now once in a while. "Do you ever want to go commercial?" :rolleyes: Nice avatar...where is that?

Flyhard,
I agree with you about the FAs...they don't have the best reputation around.

I truly hope everything works out for all the ATA employees. It's sad when any airline is struggling.

Last edited:
capt. megadeth said:
Guppy,
HA HA, no kidding. I had that conversation a lot when I worked at Chicago Express. I even get it now once in a while. "Do you ever want to go commercial?" :rolleyes: Nice avatar...where is that?
I took the picture of another company plane on the way from Skagway to Juneau, AK. We were on a mail run and therefore able to fly in a loose formation. The aircraft is a Piper Cherokee Six. I took the picture from the same type through the little pilot window on the left side. Since my main job was flying the plane, I guess I just got lucky with the shot. It looks much better as a 5x7!

For those of you who know the area...it was taken just north of Eldred Rock with the Kakuhan Range in the background.

The photo was taken in the summer of 2002. Heading back up there this weekend! Can't wait!:)

Cheers!

GP

That's awesome! I was thinking it was Alaska. I have never been there but I am getting married in Juneau next summer. I was looking at some pictures yesterday and I have a feeling I will never want to come back.

flyhard said:
part of the problem with ATA F/A's if they would put half the energy in customer service that they put in the rumor mill.....

This reminds me of the old old joke on the evolution of airline communication:
telegraph, telephone, teleflight attendant.

How can you tell if a Pilot is lying? His lips are moving.

How can you tell if a Flight Attendant is complaining ? Her lips are moving.

capt. megadeth said:
That's awesome! I was thinking it was Alaska. I have never been there but I am getting married in Juneau next summer. I was looking at some pictures yesterday and I have a feeling I will never want to come back.
My wife and I still have a condo up there and are going up to get it ready for our next renter. We were married in Skagway this past summer.

Winters are sometimes difficult to handle. Not so much the constant rain/snow or the temperatures (its generally in the mid 20's to mid 30's in JNU). The hard part is trying to deal with the short length of the days. On a cloudy, drizzly day it can get headlight required dark by 2pm. When it doesn't get light until about 9:30am or so it is difficult to stay alert and awake in the evening.

Is your fiancee from JNU? Where are you getting married? A church, the glacier, or Eagle Beach?

Take care and have fun!

GP

We're taking a Royal Carribean cruise and getting married in the rain forest. My fiancee is not from there but he spent some time up there. I love the mountains and always said I wanted to get married on an Alaskan cruise. I told my fiancee last night that I may not want to come back. He said "we'll go up there when it is dark all the time and see how you like it". That would be tough to deal with, but **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**, it looks beautiful!

Well Capt. M you know going to Alaska will be a lot like Chicago in January. Well, they have mountains there! If you move there, send me a sled dog. I've always wanted one.

Latest resources

Back