Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To Type Or Not To Type......

Just some more food for thought.
Only the people in HR know the real answer here...but judging from the varied answers/opinions on this thread, this is the conclusion I have come to (but I obviously could be wrong...!)

READ the instructions that come with the app. It will TELL you how they want it completed:
1. Please PRINT clearly OR type your answers to each question.
Remember that one of the traits they are looking for is can this candidate follow directions? Clearly, they leave it for the individual to decide.

So.... do exactly that. Your choice. If your handwriting is difficult to read - for whatever reason - your best bet is to have it typed. If you are not comfortable with this (especially employment applications and within the boxes provided), my recommendation would be to have it done professionally. On the other hand, if people have ever commented on how great & neat your hand-writing is, then PRINT the app. In today's environment, that should work to your advantage, especially if, as sayagain? suggests, they have a lot of paperwork in the cockpit.

Final thoughts, do NOT use whiteout - very unprofessional. Make a copy of the app first & do a "dry run" where it does not matter if you "foul up" or get someone who is good at this kind of thing write it up from your copy.

Just my two cents worth, hope it helps & good luck to everyone, it is without doubt, the toughest job scene for more than a decade.

9drvr - real sorry to hear about your plight & can relate (unemployed also & am hoping to receive an app sometime). You can only do one thing & that is to get this behind you and move on, however hard that may seem. Don't beat yourself up, you did your best.

Latest resources

Back