Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA Airlines Announces Suspension of Service to/from Denver, Indianapolis and San Jua

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HalinTexas said:
I don't believe this is continuing, but I think more furloughed ATA pilots went to CAL than SWA as a result of PI's.

Thanks to both. Brought an ATA furloughee/SWA FO home last night. Was out of work for about a week.

It is still continuing. Plenty of us former ATA guys are still coming over. CAL has had great success with the ATA pilots, so they apparently want to keep hiring us, unlike what happened at SWA.

Applied in August. Haven't heard anything.

How soon to get IAH?

You know what Mega,
Your right, I dont know who you are... only what you've written. But what you've written is negative towards the SWA guys, like they have had something to do with the demise of ATA, or have not been supportive of an ATA pilots efforts to get a job at SWA. Your posts paint SW with a very wide brush, and it's never too nice. Then you say you don't work at either company, so excuse me if I say that you appear to be bitter about something, I mean to not have any business in this whole affair, and to be spouting off so negatively is just not becoming of anyone.
One last thing, just for your clarification. If you are indeed a woman and got a flying job in the past 10 years or so, I wouldn't be so quick to say you didn't get a preferential interview....
Just my opinion,
Ed

I've been saying that from the begging

ivauir said:
Aren't the slides life rafts?

But I don't think we're after ETOPs.
I have hoped from the very beginning that ATA would morph into a exclusivly long haul/over water operation and pull out of routes that the SWA model serves better (more profitably). In the end it would be a win/win scenario with both airlines feeding each other's operation. It would give SWA the chance to get all of that connecting international traffic and ATA would have the most prolific domestic carrier feeding its routes.

Does anyone consider this a possibility? Or is it wishfull thinking? I do sincerely hope things pick up at ATA.

It would be a win/win for both companies. SWA at BWI with the military feed from the East, plus, ETOPs for Hawaii and other destinations. It would capture market share for the "Reach" flights, add a low cost international carrier to SWA's domestic route structure and capitalize on the investment SWA made into ATA. SWA could profit from more than just the parts from ATA. But I'm just a lie pilot with no golden parachute, what do I know?!

Latest resources

Back