• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AT and DEN base.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think there are a good number of guys who would like to bid it, but many of them won't be able to for years because they're locked into the 717.

I could probably hold DEN in Oct. but I'd rather go to DAL. For you SW guys, what kind of vacancies do you think will open and where when the DEN base is filled in Aug?

I could probably hold DEN in Oct. but I'd rather go to DAL. For you SW guys, what kind of vacancies do you think will open and where when the DEN base is filled in Aug?

That is impossible to answer, and anyone who does has no idea. All the bases will show a negative vacancy. How many per base totally depends on how they write the schedule and flows. The least disruption to the system will be if Vegas takes the largest hit in reductions, as most of Denver commuters go there. Hopefully MCO and BWI won't see much reduction.

Um I don't know if I will bid it or not. SWA is keeping AT pilots in the dark as to what plans they have for the 717s. I know we did the whole seniority thing and are not getting the money till 2015, but at you would think we would get some more info on this side. Kind of feels like our old management.

Beaten dog eh?
I get that-
Takes time to realize mgmt isn't out to screw you-
If you're in the dark it's bc they don't know and won't promise you anything they can't follow through on. Patience- you're no different than any of us on this side- we'll know when we have to know and not until-
IMO, that's not a sign of bad mgmt or bad intentions.

DAL sucks!!! Too hot, ice storms in winter and no scenery. Chief Pilots suck too.;) You don't want to be in DAL. This is not the base you are looking for...

Welcome to SWA

DAL sucks!!! Too hot, ice storms in winter and no scenery. Chief Pilots suck too.;) You don't want to be in DAL. This is not the base you are looking for...

Welcome to SWA

You forgot about the Wright amendment. Non reving is horrible out of DAL. The women don't shave their armpits or legs and parking is overpriced and inconvenient. I would never bid their...

Don't know of anyone moving there. We show 20 pilots interested in bidding HOU on our old tracker. Probably a mix of HOU residents, AUS and SAT pilots. I'm assuming I will get HOU before DAL during vacancy bidding and commute 60 minutes south that way. It looks like my seniority between the two bases are going to be very close. So I will probably not elect to stay in HOU. So much is going to change over the next 3 years too. With our folks coming over, DEN opening up and the Wright Amendment going away. It will be a game of musical chairs for a little bit.

Don't know of anyone moving there. We show 20 pilots interested in bidding HOU on our old tracker. Probably a mix of HOU residents, AUS and SAT pilots. I'm assuming I will get HOU before DAL during vacancy bidding and commute 60 minutes south that way. It looks like my seniority between the two bases are going to be very close. So I will probably not elect to stay in HOU. So much is going to change over the next 3 years too. With our folks coming over, DEN opening up and the Wright Amendment going away. It will be a game of musical chairs for a little bit.

It sounds like anybody east will stay east, because of family. I think?

Latest resources

Back