• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Astranot job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think this whole thing about Lisa Nowak is blown way out of proportion to what she actually did. Don't you think attempted murder is a bit of a stretch? What if she only intended to rough her up or simply scare her?

I'd go with assault and attempted kidnapping.

Attempted murder in Fla.

All that is needed to substantiate the charge, for an arrest is for the victim to believe that he or she was in mortal danger and/or fear of death or great bodily harm.

The assailant (usually) must also possess the means to inflict the perceived danger.

She had a knife and from what I’ve read a replica handgun, any of those objects could place a person in fear of life or limb.

Now proving the claim beyond a reasonable doubt for a jury is altogether another story.

I think this whole thing about Lisa Nowak is blown way out of proportion to what she actually did. Don't you think attempted murder is a bit of a stretch? What if she only intended to rough her up or simply scare her?

I'd go with assault and attempted kidnapping.

Irregardless if it was attempted murder or just to scare someone, there shouldn't be someone that nuts and unprofessional anywhere near a space shuttle or space program.

Latest resources

Back