• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASTAR takes the first steps

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rumor has it that their are 70+ 737-700s and 767-300s (unknown amount) that Astar has their hands on. Also Astar's POI has placed a 767 inspector on the staff.

You need to work on your sarcasm skills :) Someone may have thought you were serious, like I did, until I re-read your post and saw Astar was buying 700's. There is no cargo mod for the 737-700 (their too short, and too expensive). Unless Daz plans on converting them to BBJ's.

Now here's some sarcasm: Did you here Daz just got a line of credit from a German Bank? Yeah I heard he was going to buy 90 airplanes -767's, DC-8's and DC-9's. I wonder where he's going to get them?

fightthefuture - You need a reality check.

From the Boeing web site.

The 737-700C (Convertible) is the first member of the Boeing Next-Generation 737 family to be offered in both an all-passenger and all-cargo layout. The 737-700C highlights the outstanding flexibility of the 737 family.
The 737-700C, a simple derivative of the Boeing Next-Generation 737-700 passenger airplane, has strengthened wings identical to those on the Boeing Business Jet (BBJ). The BBJ is a modified Next-Generation 737-700. The 737-700C also has a new main-deck cargo door and a new cargo handling system.
Like all Next-Generation 737 models, the 737-700C is powered by CFM56-7 engines produced by CFMI, a joint venture of General Electric of the United States and Snecma of France.
In an all-passenger layout, the Next-Generation 737-700C can carry up to 140 passengers. In a mixed-class configuration of 120 passengers, it can fly up to 3,205 nautical miles (5,940 kilometers). In an all-cargo layout, the 737-700C can carry up to 40,000 pounds (18,200 kilograms) of cargo and fly up to 2,880 nautical miles (5,330 kilometers).
The 737-700C was launched Sept. 3, 1997, when the U.S. Naval Reserve ordered two. The Naval Reserve calls the model the C-40 Clipper. The 737-700C is the first new all-cargo 737 Boeing has developed since 1966, when the 737-200 Convertible was launched.
The 737-700C allows airlines to alternate between passenger and cargo layouts on a daily, weekly or seasonal basis depending on market requirements.

40,000 lbs = 2 DC9s ! No reason to buy outdated junk with out cargo doors!!!

Last edited:
fightthefuture - You need a reality check.

From the Boeing web site.

The 737-700C (Convertible) is the first member of the Boeing Next-Generation 737 family to be offered in both an all-passenger and all-cargo layout. The 737-700C highlights the outstanding flexibility of the 737 family.
The 737-700C, a simple derivative of the Boeing Next-Generation 737-700 passenger airplane, has strengthened wings identical to those on the Boeing Business Jet (BBJ). The BBJ is a modified Next-Generation 737-700. The 737-700C also has a new main-deck cargo door and a new cargo handling system.
Like all Next-Generation 737 models, the 737-700C is powered by CFM56-7 engines produced by CFMI, a joint venture of General Electric of the United States and Snecma of France.
In an all-passenger layout, the Next-Generation 737-700C can carry up to 140 passengers. In a mixed-class configuration of 120 passengers, it can fly up to 3,205 nautical miles (5,940 kilometers). In an all-cargo layout, the 737-700C can carry up to 40,000 pounds (18,200 kilograms) of cargo and fly up to 2,880 nautical miles (5,330 kilometers).
The 737-700C was launched Sept. 3, 1997, when the U.S. Naval Reserve ordered two. The Naval Reserve calls the model the C-40 Clipper. The 737-700C is the first new all-cargo 737 Boeing has developed since 1966, when the 737-200 Convertible was launched.
The 737-700C allows airlines to alternate between passenger and cargo layouts on a daily, weekly or seasonal basis depending on market requirements.

I think fightthefuture was just trying saying there is no cargo mod for the -700 (yet). It's a production cargo aircraft. The -700C program was launched a few years after the -700 for the Navy and the first one was not delivered until around 2000 (somewhere around that time). I don't know why he said it would not make a good cargo aircraft.

IMO, this was also launched by Boeing with UPS in mind by designing it as a mix class. It was around that time UPS was tinkering with being a passenger airline using convertibles. But that is just speculation on my part because the UPS pax airline was very short lived.

I don't doubt the rumor of the 737's may have some meat to it because KittyHawk has told the world they would consider a sale. The -700, more so the -700C, would be many many years down the road so that made the rumor hard to swallow as presented. I hope for ABX to purchase KittyHawk, but the odds of Astar buying them first are greater. Just out of the two carriers of course.

no, last weeks press release proved the Das only buys outdated junk with cargo doors. :laugh: sorry, just had to have a smart@$$ reply to a smart@$$ statement.

Last edited:
Shooter,

You are right! The DAZ does buy out dated junk with doors! He also only seems to by aircraft he already has.

no, last weeks press release proved the Das only buys outdated junk with cargo doors. :laugh: sorry, just had to have a smart@$$ reply to a smart@$$ statement.

LOL good one, Shooter! You know, I can't wait to fly that DC8 that we bought! I'm sure it will feel different. ;)

Latest resources

Back