Aspen Slope 2% ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
English said:
The 4 is great and fun. I'm down to only washing it once a week now ;)

Only once a week?!?! What kind of driver are you?! You need to have your BMW taken away and issued a Gremlin! :D

I know I know..I feel so unworthy!

FracCapt said:
Only once a week?!?! What kind of driver are you?! You need to have your BMW taken away and issued a Gremlin! :D

Tell you what - since I'm such a nice guy, I'll take the car off of English's hands while she learns the error of her ways! :D

Sorry...after my husband crashed my beloved Celica, no men's hands will touch my new baby!

However...seeing as bigD DID just upgrade to a bigger aircraft, maybe I'll give him a chance.

Like to go fast bigD?

prpjt said:
With all of this talk of FS;..... Sled ? YOU wouldn't have the initials R.B. would you? Just wondering. Your take on this subjuct is very familiar.
RB? No not me. I'm trying to figure out who it could be though.

'Sled

HMR said:
Now don't get me started on his co-captain. Although the guy looks like Brad Pitt and flies like Bob Hoover, he's about as sharp as a water balloon.:D
You're mistaken. My co-captain looks like Bob Hoover and flies like Brad Pitt. :p

'Sled

Visited the infamous ASE today for the first time. I have to say I'm disgusted at how this place is interpreted by pilots - we have so much conflicting info. on this airport and very little guidance from the Feds. I think this airport and others like it need an AC with specific instructions to stay out of the danger zone.

1. Holding short, Lear 30 Series decides to cancel IFR and depart VFR only to pick up their IFR after departure - huh? why? (they are not sure about the legality of things here, that's why)

2. Holdig short, G-III blasts off and tower says start the right turn. The pilots come back baffeled, "uh, can you give us that heading?" TOWER: "it's on the departure procedure sir, start the right turn." They obviously never even glanced at it before taking the runway. WTFO - another reason I'll never put my family on a chartered airplane.

3. It's our turn, my partner wants to depart VFR and pick up our IFR in the air (135 operation). Alright - I'm along for the ride. Nevermind we planned a TO 200+ lbs lighter at 6 degrees cooler. I knew the plane could do it - but this is sloppy to me. Not to mention that he had no idea what the departure procedure was until I walked him through it as we flew it. Poor. It's called a briefing and I have yet to see even a half-arsed one in this charter-land / 91 free-for-all land.

We need guidance on this airport. It's only a matter of time before another crew puts one in the dirt at ASE because of confusion on legality, performance, or procedures. We are being set up for failure. Heck - the story above of the FS guy teaching it wrong - if that doesn't say it, what does? Sure was pretty though, and the approach is FUN!

AZT

Latest resources

Back