Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

asking to see the fight deck -- a thing of the past?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At least at my company, FOs have a lot more to do between flights than Captains. Still, if I'm not running behind I'll take a few minutes to chat with any visitors. The captains are usually pretty friendly with them as well.

Unless it's a really quick turn, usually works better to come up after the flight than before.

Last trip, we had two hot youngish college chicks ask to visit. First time that's happened. Wish it happened more! :)

Here's a funny one about visitors in the cockpit and Captain's sitting around drinking their coffee. I was up front doing my usual FO duties on a through flight when an attractive 19 year old college gal pokes her head in the door and asks if she can take a look (the Captain had gone for coffee.) I was MORE than happy to oblige, so I invited her up. She was interested in taking flying lessons and pursuing a career in flying... yada yada yada. You know the usual questions, "How did you get into flying?" "What flight schools are best?" The usual stuff about the aircraft instruments and systems...

Anyway, the Captain comes back from getting his cafe-mocha-latte-cappucino-mochiatta-foo foo coffe and asks, "Hey, what's going on?" The "A" flight attendant says, "Oh we have a young lady who wanted to visit the cockpit." Captain says, "Um, oh, okay, sure... that's fine." (Of course it's fine... dork!!) About that time I turned to him and say, "Everythings done up here, I got it under control, go drink your coffee." The captain stepped back into the galley and went back to greeting the pax as they started boarding. Needless to say, this captain and I had a good rapport, so I could tell him to buzz off and he was cool about it.

Moral of the story: timing is everything and sometimes it pays to be up front tending to your duties while the other guy is sauntering around the terminal looking for foo-foo coffee.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back