Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

asking to see the fight deck -- a thing of the past?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
hey all. in the next few weeks i'll be flying around a bit, in some RJ's and perhaps some 767's, 757's, and 737's. i am an aspiring pilot, and love to learn and see things up close, as many of you probably do as well. how would i be received if i asked to see the flight deck on any/all of these planes during the flight? when would be the best time to ask, and whom should i ask? I'm assuming that the overwhelming answer will be "kid, that's a thing of the past, 9/11 ruined it for everyone, just sit in your seat, read your SkyMall magazine, and enjoy your 3 oz. portion of pop on your 5 hour flight". to avoid being targeted as a potential terrorist, should i just not bother asking and just look at pics on jetphotos.net? have any of you recently gotten a peek at the cockpit post 9/11? is the best time pre-flight, mid-flight, or post-flight to ask?

You should be ok before or after the flight, especially if you tell the crew that you are an aspiring pilot. People aren't as parenoid as they were right after 9/11. Just ask the FAs first and get permission before you approach the flight deck (don't just walk up there).

I agree with GKRanger... just know WHEN to ask for the tour of the cockpit!

Most guys I have found out, especially on regionals, enjoy letting you come in and look around before or after a flight.

Southwest Airlines is also pretty good about letting you in to look around and usually engage in friendly conversation.

Just be respectful of them and their duties, and if they're busy doing paperwork or discussing something, go on to your seat and try after the flight.

cforst513 said:
hey all. in the next few weeks i'll be flying around a bit, in some RJ's and perhaps some 767's, 757's, and 737's. i am an aspiring pilot, and love to learn and see things up close, as many of you probably do as well. how would i be received if i asked to see the flight deck on any/all of these planes during the flight?
Jimmy, do you like movies about GLADIATORS?

Flechas said:
Where are you going?
i'll be flying out of columbus, OH (CMH) for either fresno (FAT) or LAX. possible stops include atlanta, salt lake city, phoenix, possible dallas. depends on which package i choose on orbitz.com

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back