Ask the Captain: Submit your aviation questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
here's my favorite question from there so far:

2. In the UK, does the Captain sit in the right seat and 1st officer sit in the left?

No.

Here's another good one...

stumperc (0 friends, send message) wrote: 14h 4m ago
Hi -

Does flying more than two round-trips or greater than 3,500 miles in a calender year qualify someone to be an expert in airline operations?

Does flying a computer flight simulator qualify someone to operate - or even talk about operating - a commercial jetliner?

Where in the US Constitution (and I've been looking) does it give our citizens the inalienable right to inexpensive air transportation with full amenities and perks? Please, for the love of God, as a current and qualified global airline Captain, I really need to know this one......

Will you please explain to the $29 flying public that there is no such thing as "air pockets"?

I've made many PA's in my life to this regard, but please reinforce my efforts -

When we're sitting on the taxiway in CLE waiting for our EDCT for LGA - 75 minutes from now - and I let you use your cell phones, OF COURSE YOUR GRANDMA IN BROOKLYN SAYS THAT THE WEATHER IS FINE!!!! The weather in BROOKLYN is NOT THE ISSUE! NOR IS THE WEATHER OVER LGA! NOR IS THE WEATHER IN PASSAIC! The weather in question, if severe enough, may be over PITTSBURGH F&#@ING PENNSYLVANIA!!!!!!

I commute to work; occasionally, I sit next to someone with legitimate, intelligent, even thought-provoking questions. But usually not.......

Good luck.

A hard landing pays the same as a soft landing, we don't hustle for tips like you guys. You guys land soft because you know that you'll be dumping the lav and don't want the blue juice splattered all over your Roper boots.

I see you've never flown corporate. Ignorance is a bliss. I'll take my $1500 in tips for 4 days of work, and not once had to do more than move 2 bags. BTW- rampers change the blue juice, just as they would at an airline. :beer:

that was a classic episode.. on the am talk radio years ago in the ATL they had numerous reports of a car with that plate on it driving on 285.. classic.

Latest resources

Back