• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA's profit margin puts it at head of the regional pack

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's pretty hard not to have a good profit margin when you're paid by someone else at a basically guaranteed profit.....but hey, I guess I'm biased since my company actually flies a majority of it's own at risk flying.

Aint nuffin rong wif my Homies on da ASA ramp. Jus sum bruthas tryin' ta make a dolla... of course, most are work release and a good portion are from da islands mon... Bouyyyyyyy

General Lee said:
John,

I am not giddy seeing that at all. I think it is a reality that everyone, except management, will see pay cuts. Unless you fly for Fedex or UPS (who can control fuel costs through fuel surcharges on packages), you eventually will see some sort of cuts. I am glad that you own your C and D gates at ATL (are some of those D gates Delta gates? I remember parking a 757 there a couple of months ago---and what about those E gates you park at? And, Isn't CHQ parking E145s at the B gates now?), but does that mean Delta can't come to you in 5 years and ask for smaller fees? It will eventually happen. Watching your negotiations or lack of them shows me that "we ain't all alone here." I just don't see JA allowing a big difference (or any difference) in CR7 or higher pay----it would cause a riot in SLC and possible unionization, and JA doesn't want that. Is that giddy, or reality? Watch out for trickle down. Let me guess, you will strike otherwise......I have heard that from everyone here, and only the World Airways and Polar pilots have done it. We shall see.......(BTW, before you slam our TA, you may want to look at NW's, and notice that if our's passes, no more pay cuts (rather pay raises of 1.5% for 3 years, with more possibly (up to 13%)), no work rule changes, profit sharing, pension replacement and unsecured creditor status for $2.1 billion (actually will come out to about $420 million, or $70,000 per pilot---on top of the $100,000 or so for each pilot for a possible pension dump) and possibly 30 or maybe more of CR9s for DCI that can only have 76 seats period (no force mejeur allowed to add seats). We will see if it passes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yes ASA got the north C and D gates.
Why do you keep saying that Delta can/will come in 5 years for smaller fees? Have you see the actual code share agreement? If so, I'm shocked, because our MEC asked to see it and was told they would first have to sign an agreement that contained language stating it would be highlr redacted and not guaranteed to be truthful or accurate. In other words, they didn't even let the union see it. So how do you know what's actually in there?

In 5 years, I'll bet that the industry, and even Delta (if you're still in business by then) is doing much better. How will they justify a pay cut then?

Regarding our negotiations and JA's fear of unionization, the read I've picked up is that JA isn't as fearful of it as we thought. It seems that he/they view it as inevitable and just want to prolong it long enough to prepare themselves. Our negotiations have been going very well lately, almost as though someone threw a switch. We are down to scope and compensation and the endgame is withingthe next few weeks. I know you've heard "we'll strike, blah,blah,blah" but consider that our pilots have much less to lose than y'all do. It may actually happen here if they insist on 70 seat pay cuts. We will see.

General Lee said:
Unless you fly for Fedex or UPS (who can control fuel costs through fuel surcharges on packages),

WRONG

That's controlling REVENUE, not "controlling fuel cost"

Controlling revenue is management's job. Delta management sucks.

Jeez, you'll say anything to sound authoritative, huh?!

You're WRONG AGAIN

Ganja60Heavy said:
WRONG

That's controlling REVENUE, not "controlling fuel cost"

Controlling revenue is management's job. Delta management sucks.

Jeez, you'll say anything to sound authoritative, huh?!

You're WRONG AGAIN
]

Huh? Are you denying there is an extra fuel surcharge for packages? Some of that may add to revenue (if the price of gas fluctuates), but mostly that helps defray the cost of higher gas. I think you are wrong, again.

You bring nothing to the table in any debate.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
]

Huh? Are you denying there is an extra fuel surcharge for packages? Some of that may add to revenue (if the price of gas fluctuates), but mostly that helps defray the cost of higher gas. I think you are wrong, again.

You bring nothing to the table in any debate.

Bye Bye--General Lee

No, he's right. That's controlling revenue... to OFFSET fuel costs.

Controlling fuel costs would be like using a fuel hedge.

GL-

Isn't it possible that CHQ is parking at B because there is no more room left anywhere else? I believe ASA is subleasing the spaces to CHQ as well as the ground support. Furthermore, Mesa is no high quality product themselves.

BTW, I thought the agreement was for ASA to have 80% not 85%. Anyone??

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back