• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA's profit margin puts it at head of the regional pack

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This company sucks ********************. Everyone from the Rampers to the COO are nothing more than a bungch subpar workers who are the laziest in the industry. If not for the Pilots and some of the F/As this airline wouldn't be able to function. They need to put the F/A and Pilots on 1 list with skywest and Fire the rest of the scumbags.

Adam:

Where would we find more scumbags to replace the ones we fired? We can't get (illegal) immigrant workers SIDA badges.

ASA pays the same as Wendy's. We have pass benefits, they have free food. Wendy's also has air conditioning & heat in the winter. We have televisions to watch sports on while at work & computers so you can check the peeps at your personal ads.

ASA makes rampers sumbit resume's, go to group hiring sessions, then individual interviews and training. Wendy's gives you a hat and asks if you can start now. All in all, I'm surprised ASA can find people to work out on that hot, dirty, noisy, ramp loading folks overstuffed bags into cramped cargo compartments while getting screamed at by white guys with neck ties. I think the ASA rampies are some of the hardest working people on the planet for what they get paid.

John Pennekamp said:
Exactly.

Nothing will change at this company until management is hit where it hurts... in the pocketbook. Then you'll see the reforms fly.

Or you will see Mesa slowly taking over your routes. Is that a threat? No, but a reality. Since ASA is not owned by Delta anymore, after the contract comes up for renewal, DL will decide how much feed they want to give you. You are a feed provider to DL, nothing more. Boyd was correct with this statement:

"ASA is a [provider] of service for Delta," Boyd said. "That 13 percent is based on what Delta agreed to pay them, not on what they did on their own. That's probably going to change going forward."

That stupid fuel "insulation" package that Ronny Reber got for ASA/SkyWest will also probably be gone when the next service contract comes up for renewal. In the meantime, they will try to bring your costs down to offset that in the future. Hey, we also got tagged over here, and eventually it will trickle down.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
That stupid fuel "insulation" package that Ronny Reber got for ASA/SkyWest will also probably be gone when the next service contract comes up for renewal.

When?

In 15 years?

General Lee said:
Or you will see Mesa slowly taking over your routes. Is that a threat? No, but a reality. Since ASA is not owned by Delta anymore, after the contract comes up for renewal, DL will decide how much feed they want to give you. You are a feed provider to DL, nothing more. Boyd was correct with this statement:

"ASA is a [provider] of service for Delta," Boyd said. "That 13 percent is based on what Delta agreed to pay them, not on what they did on their own. That's probably going to change going forward."

That stupid fuel "insulation" package that Ronny Reber got for ASA/SkyWest will also probably be gone when the next service contract comes up for renewal. In the meantime, they will try to bring your costs down to offset that in the future. Hey, we also got tagged over here, and eventually it will trickle down.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, you almost say that like you would enjoy seeing it.

Not likely that Mesa would take our routes since we OWN the gates in ATL. Also we have a 5 year feed agreement with Delta, that can only be cancelled by missing our target goals. So no, not too likely that Mesa or anyone else will get our routes anytime soon. Sorry, I know that misery loves company, but not this time. Y'all are all alone. Trickle down doesn't always trickle.

Not completely true!

Don't forget that ASA MUST get 85% of all DCI flying out of ATL. This contract is good for 15 years I believe (not the 5 years as stated above) so regardless of contracts, ASA will still be along for the ride. The fuel insulation package maybe another issue that ASA has to deal with so you are probably correct here.

I think ASA rampers are from the Worker Release program from the "Federal Pound me in the Ass prison" down the street.

John Pennekamp said:
General, you almost say that like you would enjoy seeing it.

Not likely that Mesa would take our routes since we OWN the gates in ATL. Also we have a 5 year feed agreement with Delta, that can only be cancelled by missing our target goals. So no, not too likely that Mesa or anyone else will get our routes anytime soon. Sorry, I know that misery loves company, but not this time. Y'all are all alone. Trickle down doesn't always trickle.

John,

I am not giddy seeing that at all. I think it is a reality that everyone, except management, will see pay cuts. Unless you fly for Fedex or UPS (who can control fuel costs through fuel surcharges on packages), you eventually will see some sort of cuts. I am glad that you own your C and D gates at ATL (are some of those D gates Delta gates? I remember parking a 757 there a couple of months ago---and what about those E gates you park at? And, Isn't CHQ parking E145s at the B gates now?), but does that mean Delta can't come to you in 5 years and ask for smaller fees? It will eventually happen. Watching your negotiations or lack of them shows me that "we ain't all alone here." I just don't see JA allowing a big difference (or any difference) in CR7 or higher pay----it would cause a riot in SLC and possible unionization, and JA doesn't want that. Is that giddy, or reality? Watch out for trickle down. Let me guess, you will strike otherwise......I have heard that from everyone here, and only the World Airways and Polar pilots have done it. We shall see.......(BTW, before you slam our TA, you may want to look at NW's, and notice that if our's passes, no more pay cuts (rather pay raises of 1.5% for 3 years, with more possibly (up to 13%)), no work rule changes, profit sharing, pension replacement and unsecured creditor status for $2.1 billion (actually will come out to about $420 million, or $70,000 per pilot---on top of the $100,000 or so for each pilot for a possible pension dump) and possibly 30 or maybe more of CR9s for DCI that can only have 76 seats period (no force mejeur allowed to add seats). We will see if it passes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
BTW, before you slam our TA, you may want to look at NW's, and notice that if our's passes, no more pay cuts (rather pay raises of 1.5% for 3 years, with more possibly (up to 13%)), no work rule changes, profit sharing, pension replacement and unsecured creditor status for $2.1 billion (actually will come out to about $420 million, or $70,000 per pilot---on top of the $100,000 or so for each pilot for a possible pension dump) and possibly 30 or maybe more of CR9s for DCI that can only have 76 seats period (no force mejeur allowed to add seats). We will see if it passes.

Wow.

Jen, you are actually DEFENDING the TA you so adamantly swore you and 50.1% of your DAL buddies would vote down if one airframe larger than 70 seats was involved. Now its okay because its "possibly 30 or maybe more of CR9s for DCI that can only have 76 seats period."

I am amazed that you are still able to amaze me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back