ASA's Phone Screening?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

westwind driver

I recieved a call today from ASA. I was unable to take the call as I was in the air most of the day, so they left a message saying they wanted to conduct a phone screening and ask some questions regarding my resume.

Does anyone have an idea as to the subject matter of the questions they will ask when I call back tomorrow?

Is this the first step towards an interview?

Andrew

Yes, this is the first step.....should consist of things like "have you raped your mom?", traffic tickets, violations, what kind of flying have you been doing....etc. Nothing you need to worry about studying for unless they've changed it from around december.

svcta said:
Yes, this is the first step.....should consist of things like "have you raped your mom?", traffic tickets, violations, what kind of flying have you been doing....etc. Nothing you need to worry about studying for unless they've changed it from around december.

Thanks for the reply. I think most views of this thread have been to see what kind of info the viewer can gain from it.

I'm calling them back first thing in the morning at will post a small blurb on the questions asked and the such.

Thanks svcta.

A.

Low Threat

They will not ask you any interview type questions. Have your logbook ready and be able to tell them how many hours you have flown in the last six months. I think they asked for total and multi in the last six months, but am not 100% positive on the multi.

They will most likely tell you they are sending an application packet to you at the end of the conversation. I recommend you fill it out and return it as soon as you possibly can. The day they get it back in the mail they will call you to schedule an interview, so the longer you wait to send it back the longer you will wait for an interview.

Good luck!

How long does it take for ASA to get the application package out after the phone interview?

I got one in less than a week. Sat on it for 5 months, sent it in and was called to set up an interview in 2 days. They seem to be in high gear(though they only interview 2-4 at a time based on what I saw).

What is the preferred method of application?

Thanks
Jobear

Do some research before you rush over there........it looked(and sounded) to me like the first year would be ROUGH. I really got a distinct "OOOOHHH, look at our JETS!" vibe in the interview, not really sure why. They didn't know that I'd spent years developing an immunity to "OOOOHHH, look at our JETS!"

Latest resources

Back