• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA's newest milestone

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do these kinds of things just help to continue separating african americans and whites? I'm just asking

Do these kinds of things just help to continue separating african americans and whites? I'm just asking

Only if you choose to let it.

Personally, good for Rachel and the rest of her crew. My paycheck every two weeks is all the thanks or acknowledgment I need from ASA.

Last edited:
Nice.....

I just can't wait for the other "milestones" which have not yet been broken:

-The first all-dominatrix-midget-stripper flight crew
-The first all-diet-sprite-drinkers flight crew
-The first all-transvestite-golfer flight crew
-The first all-furless-cat-owners flight crew
-The first all-bankrupt-and-twice-divorced flight crew
-The first-all-hairlipped flight crew
-The first all-irritable-bowl-syndrome flight crew-P.U.

Seriously-who the hell gives a crap?

More people than you know.

I don't need any accolades, I just think that in this day we don't need to recognize those types of things.

I don't need any accolades, I just think that in this day we don't need to recognize those types of things.

Look at the positives of this. I my opinion, our occupation has primarily been dominated by white-males. For the masses out there, I bet most people expect to see "Two White Dudes" in the cockpit. I know I do, and I try to catch myself with preconceived notions or ideas.

Now for this crew, their accomplishments as individuals and as a crew on this date, allow others to help break down those walls and barriers.

Maybe out there some little girl or person of color will see what they have accomplished and realized that maybe someday they can actually become an airline pilot too.

I used to think all pilots had to be Military pilots previously, until I talked to pilots who came from Civilian backgrounds.

I know people want to be "colorblind" in this society, but it is not realistic. There is nothing wrong with being Black, White, Brown, Red, Yellow or some combination of them. Acknowledge differences and see them as positives rather than negatives and learn to deal with them I say.

Any of you out there with daughters will see how this plays out in society as they grow up probably.

I love it, blacks always say just treat us equal. But then they go and make sure we all know when they do something of no value. The real headline of this should have been "2 women behind the controls of one of those ghetto planes, and it didn't crash" not 2 blacks can fly. Blacks create more tension. Except Sharpton he is a real stand up guy!!!

Right..not saying it's a bad thing or a good thing-just seems like if african americans wanted to be seen as the equals that they are then they wouldn't have all this hoopla. The color barrier is strengthened because of stuff like this. Do you think that in Africa they honored the first all white flight crew?

Latest resources

Back