ASAP = Teamsters?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Voice Of Reason said:
Your point? That would also infer that he is doing MUCH better than IBT Net Jets pilots, and IBT Walmart Truckers. You didn't make that argument very well, I gather....
BTW what company is this your brother is so highly paid and home EVERY night trucking? Sounds great and many of us will be looking for new jobs...
;)

Yes home every night. Robison Oil in Westchester County.... But you need to be a Teamster. Yes he is doing better than most NetJets pilots but not the IBT BBJ pilots.

Last edited:
For Voice

"In 2000, Teamsters proved once again that we don't walk away from the tough fights...

"...We know that good contracts build strong communities. When we win a battle...it benefits not just the members who walked the picket line, but the neighbors in the community...

"...We are teaching our children that standing up for what is right is necessary. In fact, it is our duty as citizens to fight for dignity and respect.

"...There are people (Voice) who balk at the fight. They hide and place their confidence in the hands of employers. Management preys on this weakness by distributing promises like candy during organizing drives and quickly reneging if the workers lose the election. (Is this not what happened last time ) BUT MANAGEMENT MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

"As Teamsters we stand up and tackle the challenges that imperil working families."

James P Hoffa
Message From the General President
TEAMSTER MAGAZINE December 2000

Last edited:
Even if I get fed up with all the BS from FO management I am not going to quit until I find another job, In the mean time I am going to help get a union in be it IBT or ASAP or whatever.

If I quit I am doing them a favor which I don't want to do.

At this point I don't care I just want to leave the company knowing I helped get a union there and put a thorn in managements side before I go to another job. So if you are planning on moving on to other jobs help out the others by sending in your cards to atleast get a vote.

That would be the best way of telling management what you think of them.

Lrjet55 said:
Voice of reason has nothing to do but pick at other peoples posts. Dude, I don't know you so don't take this personal but its pretty sad that all you do is make fun of other peoples posts. Atleast come up with something remotely constructive to say otherwise everyone will just assume you are the way you appear to be.

Lrjet55, his problem is that he is "honking" the wrong way--just making noise rather than helping. I have personally witnessed and experienced, firsthand, the amount of damage that can be done by those who have such an attitude. The following essay....and it is even about flying...:) is very applicable to many situations, not least of which is that faced by the pilots who post here. My thanks to all of you who have been encouraging, both in the NJ struggle and to me, personally, as I try to "catch up with my group".

http://www.cedardalechurch.ca/geese.html

Well thats an unplitfting story, a little corny but uplifting:)

jetwash,

One of the main problems with the union drive at Flops is lack of leadership. Options temporarily succeeded in preventing a union by terminating those 4 pilots. Folks must remember that they did settle and hopefully are doing well. We feel that due to the settlement and bad press Options will be reluctant to travel that path again. Since you would have the backing of Local 1108 and ASAP Options management would have a formidable foe.

What the Options pilot group needs is a pilot or group of pilots to contact ASAP and take the lead on the project. IT will mean stepping out and making themself known to us and the company and they will be in the direct line of fire. You would be dotting I' and crossing T's like never before but the end game will prove worth playing.

IBT has absolutely NOTHING to do with the NJ pilots opening a part of their asapflightdeck.com website to Options pilots. That gesture is ALL about pilots helping pilots. NJ pilots have already offered their guidance.

It seems that you read my card for the FLOPS pilots. Fine. If you haven't already....or perhaps you should reread it, if you have....go read the essay/card on flying. Pay close attention to the part about the honking that is just, well...honking. You fit the profile exactly.

In the meantime, I'll continue to offer encouragement and words of support. I stand by my post.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back