• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASAP = Teamsters?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
here is a quote from VR from a few days ago!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure you realize that most pilots everywhere in the industry are b*tching right now no matter where they work. The problem at FLOPS is that the rumor mill tends to lend itself to more doom & gloom than really exists.

hmmmmm...........

So, I guess in light of the recent announcements from the professional management team of Flight Options everything is going to be a okay.

Sorry for the sarcasm guys. I have many friends at Options and it grieves me to see them treated this poorly. Unfortunately there are individuals over there who have had their proverbial head stuck in the sand for some time.........

Last edited:
Another hypocritical post by Voice.

With a slight modification, this will be a true statement.

Voice tends to lend himself to more doom & gloom than really exists. ...
in the discussion of pilots and unions.

I just wish all the excellent pilots at NJA could understand that the union is the PROBLEM, not the SOLUTION. How many years has IBT "represented" the pilots? What is the resulting pay? Work conditions? Job satisfaction?

My observation is the result of years of discussions with my NJA brethren on the road, some of whom actually agreed with me, most of whom did not. Lots of good discussions, though.

G4dude, the representatives that let the NJ pilots down, were their own MEC! The pilots themselves are guilty of apathy and misplaced trust. Any union is only going to be strong when the members are actively involved. I truly believe that they have learned from mistakes made in the past. That is why the organization StrongUnion is full of volunteers and the pilots have donated money that has gone to things like putting up billboards and hiring outside consultants/experts. Everything is completely different this time around. Many of the pilots are actively involved on a daily basis and there is constant communication from the current MEC.

G4dude,

I respect your opinion on our situation and to a certain extent you are correct but the simple fact is is our past MEC is to blame. Did you know during the tenure of our last MEC one of the members was getting his SWA 737 type during mediated negotiations?
How is that for representation!
The teamsters certainly hold some of the blame but the crooked former MEC holds 99% in my opinion.

G4dude said:
I just wish all the excellent pilots at NJA could understand that the union is the PROBLEM, not the SOLUTION. How many years has IBT "represented" the pilots? What is the resulting pay? Work conditions? Job satisfaction?
There is one man that is to blame. He lives in NJ and has a $20 million home in PBI.

The Union is not the problem.

If not for the Union we would be violating the 135 rest and duty rules like 95% of the other outfits flying non-scheduled 135.

As a matter of fact, If not for the NJA teamsters, Scheduled 121 pilots might still be on ENDLESS RESERVE. It was in 1991 that one of our pilots and a current negotiator FORCED to FAA to clarify the Definition of REST by writing a letter to the Chief Counsel. And then a Band of Thieves that called themselves AVIATORS for SaFE and FAir Regulation sued the FAA over the REST rules and lost. see http://www.law.emory.edu/1circuit/aug99/99-1888.01a.html

That is worth more to me than money or home-based airports.

Still FSDOs sign off on FOMs and op manuals that are not in compliance with the rules. And the non union shops don't say squat about it because they might lose their jobs.

Last edited:
Lrjet55 said:
What the Options pilot group needs is a pilot or group of pilots to contact ASAP and take the lead on the project. IT will mean stepping out and making themself known to us and the company and they will be in the direct line of fire. You would be dotting I' and crossing T's like never before but the end game will prove worth playing.

Jet55, We have stepped up and asked for the help of ASAP and we are getting it. That said, none of us are foolish enough to identify ourselves and paint that bullseye on our foreheads. Management screwed up in many way when the arranged for the departure of the 5 open organizers of the first drive at RTA. They won't make those mistakes again when dealing with anyone they are able to identify as a union organizer. Personally I need my job as do the other pilots that have stepped up to help me and the rest of our pilots. If I get myself fired for some trumped up charge from management, it would not help the current drive. All of us are much better off maintaining our anonymity until we have had a vote in the positive for representation.

ASAP has provided us with a point of presence to start this drive and I'm encouraged by the response we have been having. The board has been open a little more then a month and we have registered about 25% of our pilots and the growth is accelerating. My hope is that by mid summer we will have enough support to call for a vote.

There have been some people, notice I did not call them pilots, that have tried to cast suspicion on the ASAP Options board as some secret management plan to gather names of union supporters. This has been a abject failure thanks to us getting out the word about the true nature of the board and the efforts of ASAP leadership like Griz Adams.

To all Options pilots that read this, your fellow pilots invite you to join with us in seeking representation and a contract to help us deal with company management that is out of control. Management has proven that they do not place value on the services that we provide to the company. Instead they chose to use us as the group to take pay and benefits from in order to finance their own incompetent management.

Come to ASAP, ASAP, http://www.asapflightdeck.com/foasap.html We want and need your support and help. After you register, download a representation card and mail it in. Tell your crew mates about this organization drive and explain that it is a new effort that requires them to reaffirm their desire for a contract at Options. Ask them for their help and to register at the site. This has been a word of mouth effort, so speak up and let you voice be heard.

Phoenix
Contract ASAP

25% and moving up!

Phoenix, thanks for the update--
it was good to hear!
With a beginning so great---
surely victory is near!

Please overlook the coloring of the card; it was chosen for its message alone.
http://www.bluemountain.com/view.pd?i=120052690&m=1932&rr=y&source=bma999

You few negative guys can feel free to put me on your ignore list...:)
The rest of you keep passing out those cards....:)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back