ASAP = Teamsters?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetwash

Can someone explain the relationship between ASAP and the teamsters.

If I sent a card to the Teamsters during the last mailing do I have to send one to ASAP? If they are the same when is the next card drive going to start?

Thanks for any info.

ASAP is the pilots group started by NetJets pilots specifically for fractional pilots. We have just gotten our own local (1108) under the International Brotherhood of Teamsters umbrella where we get to call the shots as to strategic planning, dues allocation, strike preparation, etc. We have the backing of the Teamsters but our organization is run by pilots for pilots.

Sorry - I missed part of your question. Regardless if you sent a card in before, you need to do it now. Two reasons- First, the previous drive failed and there is a time limit on any drive. Secondly, by sending your card to the ASAP offices, you are letting the Teamsters know in no-uncertain-terms that you want to have your representation tied to the fractional pilots association ASAP...not just the Teamsters airline division.

Did the teamsters give ASAP the last senority they had? I know it is out of date by now but I am sure it could be of some use.

Does the ASAP plan on sending out any type of official letters/cards in the near future?

The seniority list we're using comes from Flight Options itself. As far as I know, ASAP is not planning on any mailings to the pilots at Flight Options. We're providing a place for you guys to talk amongst yourselves and we'll help in any way we can but the drive to organize must be driven internally. You must come up with a core group of leaders that are willing to take some risks for the betterment of all your pilots. Phoenix and a few others are doing that right now. If you haven't signed up for the message board yet jetwash, I recommend that you do. ASAP MEC members and Stewards respond to questions over there and will explain things much better than I am doing here. Go to http://www.asapflightdeck.com and click on the Frac Pilot menu and you'll see the flight Options message board.

Yes, The Answer Is Yes....

To give the OP a simple answer to his question....

YES ASAP=IBT
Nothing different except the guise of another name, and the illusion of something being done because new pilots have taken over from the previous reps/MEC, and get to start over from scratch.
(...oh but THESE guys are different)...
I am sure the orig MEC started with the feeling that they could change the world as well. I'd rather not wait around several more years with only the HOPE of change.
Get the apps out! The jobs won't come TO you. You never know what's out there if you spend all of your time hating your job and holding dim hope that someone else will fix it for you sometime long down the line... Be treated as a professional, not a link to a brotherhood that represents Walmart truckers and various low paid (and out of business) aviation companies. IBT is one of the very reasons why pilots are treated more like blue collar labor these days. NO THANKS!

My brother is an IBT Trucker, home every night and makes over $100K.

Looks like he is doing a little better than non union FLOPS pilots....

Under the failed TA.. my pay over the next 4 years would have averaged $99K including RCA pay and Flex schedule (182 work days minus 21 vacation days).

Except for the first few years pay. NJA Teamsters have it better than FLOPS under our 1998 CBA. IF What you thought you had can be taken away AT WILL! you really have nothing.

I do agree it is a good time for most people to go FedEx SWA or JetBlue or UPS. All Union except Jet Blue.

Genius

gunfyter said:
My brother is an IBT Trucker, home every night and makes over $100K.

Looks like he is doing a little better than non union FLOPS pilots....

Your point? That would also infer that he is doing MUCH better than IBT Net Jets pilots, and IBT Walmart Truckers. You didn't make that argument very well, I gather....
BTW what company is this your brother is so highly paid and home EVERY night trucking? Sounds great and many of us will be looking for new jobs...
;)

Voice of reason

How are you sich an idiot. Yes that is directed at you. You can't be this dumb

yours truly
Dime line

Voice of reason has nothing to do but pick at other peoples posts. Dude, I don't know you so don't take this personal but its pretty sad that all you do is make fun of other peoples posts. Atleast come up with something remotely constructive to say otherwise everyone will just assume you are the way you appear to be.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back