• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asap & foqa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Colgan has ASAP in place, and has had it for a couple of years. FOQA is on it's way, and we will be having a LOSA (Line-oriented safety audit) in January. Once the LOSA is completed, FOQA data will be sampled to provide a baseline for the program. SMS (Safety-managment system) is also in the works here too. You can say what you want about Colgan, but the company is committing itself to a safety culture. Time will be the measurement of how active this culture is.

Compass has ASAP. I think FOQA is on the way, but we were also supposed to have operational EFB's in January so who knows?

Colgan has ASAP in place, and has had it for a couple of years. FOQA is on it's way, and we will be having a LOSA (Line-oriented safety audit) in January. Once the LOSA is completed, FOQA data will be sampled to provide a baseline for the program. SMS (Safety-managment system) is also in the works here too. You can say what you want about Colgan, but the company is committing itself to a safety culture. Time will be the measurement of how active this culture is.

I think that SMS has been mandated by way of the US being a member of ICAO. SMS includes LOSA. I know XJT has been working on implementing SMS before the deadline for a while now. I would bet that many if not all airlines are working on that by now.

XJT has ASAP and FOQA. I think we are the only regional to have FOQA right now.

XJT is not working on SMS currently, no money in the budget right now for it to get it going before its mandated.

Latest resources

Back