• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Asap & foqa

Nevets

Total Time
Curious as to which regionals have an ASAP program (with an signed MOU from the FAA, company, and union) and a FOQA program.

ace6453

Total Time
some
Curious as to which regionals have an ASAP program (with an signed MOU from the FAA, company, and union) and a FOQA program.

ASA has ASAP and supposedly FOQA is supposed to be here shortly. Thought they said by summer's end.......

Booker

The Ladies Man
Total Time
Nevermind.

Nevets

Total Time
So you had a fun flight then?

Haha, no, but ASAP has saved me from an belligerent controller in the past so I'm glad my airline had it. I just happen to be reading S1451 and read that ASAP and FOQA (among other things) are going to be mandated. So I was curious as to who already had them.

SizzleChest

Total Time
8000+
Republic has ASAP now and FOQA software is being sourced so it's on the way....LOSA is a little further out.....

Kaman

Total Time
Colgan has ASAP in place, and has had it for a couple of years. FOQA is on it's way, and we will be having a LOSA (Line-oriented safety audit) in January. Once the LOSA is completed, FOQA data will be sampled to provide a baseline for the program. SMS (Safety-managment system) is also in the works here too. You can say what you want about Colgan, but the company is committing itself to a safety culture. Time will be the measurement of how active this culture is.

DrewBlows

Go Tigers!
Total Time
Compass has ASAP. I think FOQA is on the way, but we were also supposed to have operational EFB's in January so who knows?

Nevets

Total Time
Colgan has ASAP in place, and has had it for a couple of years. FOQA is on it's way, and we will be having a LOSA (Line-oriented safety audit) in January. Once the LOSA is completed, FOQA data will be sampled to provide a baseline for the program. SMS (Safety-managment system) is also in the works here too. You can say what you want about Colgan, but the company is committing itself to a safety culture. Time will be the measurement of how active this culture is.

I think that SMS has been mandated by way of the US being a member of ICAO. SMS includes LOSA. I know XJT has been working on implementing SMS before the deadline for a while now. I would bet that many if not all airlines are working on that by now.

rjacobs

You Still Suck
Total Time
XJT has ASAP and FOQA. I think we are the only regional to have FOQA right now.

XJT is not working on SMS currently, no money in the budget right now for it to get it going before its mandated.