• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASAP card drive at FLOPS this week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, its all in the ubiquitous dingleberries.

Duty time is tracked through the wog. Duty starts automatically 1 hr prior to the first flight and ends 1 hr after your last landing. If you need to change duty time for some reason you call dispatch and tell them when your off/on times are and why.

I meant to say "chute". Not enough beer yet.

The problem is with scheduling, not the MX. They have consistantly shown an in-ability to do their job efficiently. Should be interesting to see how they adjust. Goog thing i'm off though.

Last edited:
Problem with Scheduling?

hawkercpt said:
The problem is with scheduling, not the MX. They have
consistantly shown an in-ability to do their job efficiently. Should be interesting
to see how they adjust. Goog thing i'm off though.

Your statement regarding scheduling is too broad. You hit the target but missed the bullseye.

Scheduling's management team consistently turned a deaf ear to potential
problems, one of those problems being duty time issues. There were
numerous times I can recall a crew called in, exactly as they should have,
to report a duty time issue. For our discourse the specific problem is not
important, they just had an issue of some type (we all know duty time
issues can be quite wide ranging from FBO problems, hangar issues, cleaning,
maintenance, etc.). The scheduler dutifully placed a note in the grid or
informed supervisors. Quite often (and I have firsthand knowledge and
experience on this!) that scheduler was told words to the effect of, "We
need that plane and crew. I don't care, they were on the ground at XX:XX
and their 10 hours (or 12 on the ground) starts right then."

I contest the row scheduler was often stuck between pilot - management
interpretation of the rules. I'm not excusing schedulers who did not act
appropriately or who disregarded duty time issues... I'm just saying this
used to happen ---- A LOT!

If anyone thinks that the maintenance information provided on the BB is enough to keep the FAA Inspector off your back, think again. Put your faith and trust in the BB if you like, it is your call, but, I suggest you call maintenance at least once every day to confirm the maintenance status of you aircraft and inspection cycle.

hawkercpt said:
Exactly at what point in my post did I say I did not want a contract?
Where did you come up with that? My point is, don't drag up old news to create your stir. There's plenty going on each and every day.

hawkercpt,

I may have misinterpreted you post but I think most that read it would assume it a negative and derogatory response to "Luvu" and his attempts to get out the word. Personally I don’t care if he starts a string that he is the only one to post on as long as the information posted informs one more pilot that needs to hear the word, no mater how redundant it seem to you.

hawkercpt said:
Old news bonehead. Then again, we all see that your just talking to yourself.

looooooooser.
That "looooooooser" may be the one helping you organize in the future. I don't think he is talking to himself either. Sounds like you already have it figured out, so good luck.

Live4flyng said:
That "looooooooser" may be the one helping you organize in the future. I don't think he is talking to himself either. Sounds like you already have it figured out, so good luck.

Don't know what you think I have figured out...

As far as organizing goes, been hearing about it for over 2 years now...
haven't heard boo in at least 6 months. Believe me, if an organization attempt were made now, I would have a hard time believing it wouldn't go through now. with all of the crap management has been pulling and the whispers of things to come, we all would be foolish not to look for some kind of protection.

We need help guys. Ain't the same company we came into several years ago, that's for shure.

The organizing drive HAS BEGUN!

Follow this link to instructions on printing out your Signature Cards and mailing them to Association of Shared Aircraft Pilots. They will collect cards and send them to D.C. with an election petition as soon as they are all collected.

They are looking for 90% plus participation on this within the next 10 days so print multiple cards out and be a part of the distribution and collection team.

If successful, the pilots will have achieved Status Quo within a few short weeks and the bleeding on pay, benefits, working conditions will stop under the law.

http://p068.ezboard.com/frtapilotsfrm24.showMessage?topicID=112.topic

Stay LEGAL this week.

Just for clarification

The card is the Representation Authorization And Request For An Employee Election Under The Railway Labor Act. It is the same card that you can download from the IBT Airline Division Website. The difference is that you send it to:

ASAP PMB 203
1255 North Hamilton Road
Gahanna, OH 43230

Which is fine by me. I sent mine in this morning

thanks TurboHonda for getting your card in mail today

there have been in excess of 1,000 views on this thread in last two hours. lets hope that many of those result in cards going in just as quickly as TurboHonda's.

there is no time to waste with this drive.

Latest resources

Back