Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

goahead

Can't believe no one has posted this yet:

Specifically, this solution provides that the legacy ASA pilots will continue using FlightLine until a pilot-wide vote on a single PBS vendor as part of the next contract?s amendment round. The legacy XJT pilots will bid paper lines for up to two years following the JCBA?s execution. Within that two-year period, the XJT MEC may opt to begin using the SmartPref PBS or discontinue developing that system and begin using FlightLine. If the XJT pilots are not bidding their monthly schedules through PBS within that two-year period, then they will convert to the FlightLine system at that time. We will have the full language of the PBS process agreement available on the ASA and XJT ALPA Web sites in the coming days. In addition, we will provide a Q & A document to aid pilots in further understanding the PBS selection process.

Now it's just financial stuff left? That shouldn't take long, yeah right.

Translation:
Everyone that helped negotiate that turd sandwich hopes to be/ will be gone by the end of that 2 year period and won't actually have to work under the new rules.

Translation:
Everyone that helped negotiate that turd sandwich hopes to be/ will be gone by the end of that 2 year period and won't actually have to work under the new rules.

Huh? All this means is that crj keeps flighline and erj keeps paper or smartpref for two years...then a system wide vote....how is that a turd sandwich? I'm happy we are keeping it this way....let the erj guys keep whatever they want...I'm just glad we won't have smartpref crap rammed down our throats on the crj side

It is quite puzzling to the ASA group why the LXJT pilots would NOT want flight line in comparison to smartperf.
I simply cannot understand their logic on the ERJ side. Why do they not comprehend the fact that flight line has overwhelming support at ASA compared to line bidding, or perish the thought, a globalized PBS that has not been fully proven?
Enhance the work rules as necessary, and the choice is clear.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It is quite puzzling to the ASA group why the LXJT pilots would NOT want flight line in comparison to smartperf.
I simply cannot understand their logic on the ERJ side. Why do they not comprehend the fact that flight line has overwhelming support at ASA compared to line bidding, or perish the thought, a globalized PBS that has not been fully proven?

Duh....they did their research. Moot point now......thank geezus

Where have you been? The LXJT "logic" has been explained MANY times! Anyway, what you are saying is akin to you trading your old Yogu for a new Kia and telling your friend, who drives a 3 year old Porsche you don't know about, that you can't understand the logic behind him not giving his car away and sharing yours instead. ;)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back