• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA/Xjet/Skywest: One list

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is a lot of talk within the Skywest pilot ranks about us joining ASA/Xjet as ONE pilot group. Most of us can agree that we have to do something. But a lot of us say that right now is not a good time to do something, that we should wait and see how all of this madness with mergers and FAA rule changes plays out.

One list? You mean actually do something to improve our zero leverage? Take away the whipsaw option? I don't know... Sounds kind of crazy. I say we just wait a while. Let's wait until we have Sarah or Newt in office. Let's wait until inflation and increased cost of living make us poor. Let's wait until 15 hour 4 days are standard. Let's wait until healthcare premiums get so high that we all just resign ourselves to CDHP. Let's wait for the company to to do the right thing. And while we're at it, let's continue to fight each other every step of the way. Skywest pilots Vs. Asa/xjet. Junior pilots Vs. senior. Regional pilots Vs. legacy pilots. I bet the execs and board members are just loving this.*****

What's the difference between a rich shareholder and a pilot? The shareholders help each other. They stick together. They pool their money and throw it at problems. Some say that the strategy, with regard to labor, is to divide and conquer. But in our case, we divide ourselves. We are conquered. Maybe we should do something about that. Or we can just wait a while.

Isn't it funny how this one list call is coming along now that Skywest might actually have their QOL affected with the base transfers/displacements. I didn't hear a single one list request when ASA was forced to close SLC, then close LAX, lost aircraft to OO during negotiations, furloughed twice, downgraded, etc....Skywest pilots didn't want anything to do with the other side then. Now that it's starting to hit home, they are singing a different tune.

Isn't it funny how this one list call is coming along now that Skywest might actually have their QOL affected with the base transfers/displacements. I didn't hear a single one list request when ASA was forced to close SLC, then close LAX, lost aircraft to OO during negotiations, furloughed twice, downgraded, etc....Skywest pilots didn't want anything to do with the other side then. Now that it's starting to hit home, they are singing a different tune.

Nobody made a one list request? To you? Or do you mean SAPA never made a formal request? You saying that Skywest pilots didn't want anything to do with Asa is just flat out wrong. Incorrect, sir. One list or otherwise, I would bet a majority of us at all three airlines would rather deal with INC. as one group. It's obvious that we've missed some opportunities to become unified. So let's stop doing that.

I'm all for it, but the skywest pilots spit in our eye during the last union drive. Before we get one list, you guys have to get with the program and elect a union. Like em or not, if you want to be with us, you have to be union.

Right. That's up to us. WE need to do that. But as we do that, I think the emphasis for all of us should be on unification. We have to start working together or we're done.

Last edited:
Yep, joining ALPA has done wonders for everyone. Lets pay 2% and be in the same boat ya'll are trying to get out of.

Yep, joining ALPA has done wonders for everyone. Lets pay 2% and be in the same boat ya'll are trying to get out of.

Or just stay unorganized and let Jerry do whatever he wants. That sounds like a good option.

Or, lets form our own union using alpa then boot 'em out. we can still use alpa for consult just like luv. there's nothing in the rule book that says we have to be alpa.

Last edited:
Just the biggest union with the most resources and years of experience representing pilots. Why would we want that? By all means, let's start our own! Sure, that would do well.....

Just the biggest union with the most resources and years of experience representing pilots. Why would we want that? By all means, let's start our own! Sure, that would do well.....

Well. something is better than nothing and so far, nothing has changed at skywest. Yeah, lets keep paying alpa to sleep with management, look what it has gotten us so far.
We need some real change.
Remember what alpa was willing to do to your 401K when they lost usair?

What Skyw pilots need is unity and even 2% and a new set of letters won't buy that.

Latest resources

Back