• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

~~~^~~~

ASA Today

NEW! Volunteers needed at ATL
Dec. 21, 2005 10:39 a.m. EST
Friday, Dec. 23 will be one of the busiest travel days of the year. ASA is looking for volunteers to assist passengers on Concourses C and D, giving direction and answering questions. For more information or to volunteer, please contact

Lemme see. The City of Atlanta has full time employees already manning this position. We have additional passenger assistance folks that Delta and Atlanta contract with to do this job. In both cases they have budgets well in excess of a million dollars, but ASA would like you to come in and work along side them for free, to improve the travel experience on ASA. You have ten days off in a month and on average only spend 330 to 380 hours away from home in a month, so why not use some of your at home time to come back to the airport so you can explain why when there is not a cloud in the sky airplanes are on 1 hour ground holds because Delta has re-peaked their operation to way more than ATC can handle and AirTran just flies whenever they please!?! You will also have the pleasure of explaining why a Rotweiller is not a carry on pet, why the mutt will get frozen on certain airplanes - not others and the joy of telling AirTran's passengers that Delta is not the ticket they thought they bought with the big green @ on it for three dozen greasy Wendy's soda cups that we dug out of the garbage. The passenger assistance folks will be hidden in the basement watching sports, listening to a radio tuned to three frequencies at once, or checking the peeps on their personal ads on ASA's computers.

By the way a weather system is set to move in Christmas Eve, we still don't have a contract and when the lot 3 crew bus runs over an hour late because those employees went on break and a bus broke down the understanding clerks in crew scheduling scream at "you that you are responsible for getting an alternative means to work and you need to call a Chief Pilot...." But it's ASA's contracted bus, click. Then you get to work and your paycheck from last April was audited and screwed up and a Jepp revision that weighs five pounds is in your box covering everything from Lima Peru to Saskatchewan.... Oh and if you volunteer at the airport, the Company will know where you're at so you can be junior manned for a nap over Christmas!

Are you out of your freakin' mind!

Last edited:
~~~^~~~ said:

You have ten days off in a month and on average only spend 330 to 380 hours away from home in a week...

Merry Christmas.... Are you out of your freakin' mind!

Having interviewed at ASA in September, I was told that the contract promises 10 days off a month. How is that possible when you're gone 15 days a week?

Let me check my calendar....Ooops, looks like I'll be golfing that day.

Seriously though, isn't that what the Gate Agents are for? Besides, I never have a problem helping people find their gates if they stop me while I'm walking through the terminal or if they have the "deer in the headlights" look.

P.S. Are we getting cookies this year or what?

Siu -

Since we got bought by SkyWest's Jerry Atkins, I guess you could say we are all "Jerry's Kids." I screwed up. That is 330 to 380 in a month. But hey, you sound like you want to volunteer!

I'm going to go get some sleep so I can fly all night tonight.

If you would like to volunteer, I am sure ASA would be grateful. They appreciate the contribution of every team member and they really show it in the kind and flexible way they schedule their crews.

SiuDude said:
Having interviewed at ASA in September, I was told that the contract promises 10 days off a month. How is that possible when you're gone 15 days a week?

15 days a week?????? Don't worry, Willy will find a way to make up lines with 15 day trips. :)

What a crock!!! Let me see not even a Christmas card or "stale cookies in a fancy box" from ASA this year. And now lets work for free. How nice of the company to not even pay some FA's and then they take out pass fee's twice. Yeah they have their act together alright. Now they want people to work for free when we should be staffed high!!! WHATEVER get a clue we continue to give and now this crap, they just keep screwing us all with worse schedules and screwed up payroll month after month. ASA why don't the upper management go out and volunteer....This erks me something fierce!

Ohhh and while I'm at it....they want people to "volunteer" now before they are told in early '06 that we are gonna go to S3C's and lose what little non-rev opportunity they thought they had. ASA way to go on employee loyalty and satisfaction! "We're not happy to you're NOT happy."

~~~^~~~ said:

Are you out of your freakin' mind!

You Sir, are having problems with the renewed ASA vision. I personally think you need to reread the latest among friends where it talks nothing about anything. And have you considered our upcoming Christmas bonus? Leftover cookies from the Christmas bonus of 2003. Merry Christmas!

"Are you out of your freakin' mind!"

Yes I do believe they are!!!

Latest resources

Back