• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Vietnam base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will do that. But, what I am getting is that there was some misunderdstanding about the info that was passed out, and the rumors got running wild. The way I am told, they never had intention of sending ASA crews to Asia, just leasing out un-needed planes.

Why are we so over-airplaned? I just flew one of the Comair ones that we leased "for the summer". If we hare finding homes for all these things shouldn't we not have those anymore?

Why are we so over-airplaned? I just flew one of the Comair ones that we leased "for the summer". If we hare finding homes for all these things shouldn't we not have those anymore?

We are not "over-planed" now. We will be in a few months when Delta removes 20 aircraft from our fleet (Just in time for Summer! Smart!!)

Then, we have 6 200's no longer in use. Inc. would certainly rather lease them instead of have them sit on the A Tech ramp as spares. Hopefully the Comair planes will be some of the 6.

ASA is up 4 aircraft. We are not down any. We gained 10 CRJ 900s. We found flying for 14 of the 20 aircraft released from the Delta contract. That equals a net gain of 4 aircraft. This myth of losing aircraft is being perpetuated for some reason, or perhaps just poor math by the pilot group...

ASA is up 4 aircraft. We are not down any. We gained 10 CRJ 900s. We found flying for 14 of the 20 aircraft released from the Delta contract. That equals a net gain of 4 aircraft. This myth of losing aircraft is being perpetuated for some reason, or perhaps just poor math by the pilot group...

We lost around 12 ATRs, so we're down 8.

The "poor math" is that most of us are going on what we are flying now, as in today! Not from when to when.

We are currently flying the 10 90's, and have all 20 planes in the Delta fleet. In a few weeks, we lose 14 of those 20. Thus, a loss of 6 planes from what we are flying currnetly.

Since an arguement can be made that we are overstaffed now, when we lose 6 planes worth of flying, we will be even more fat.

The "poor math" is that most of us are going on what we are flying now, as in today! Not from when to when.

We are currently flying the 10 90's, and have all 20 planes in the Delta fleet. In a few weeks, we lose 14 of those 20. Thus, a loss of 6 planes from what we are flying currnetly.

Since an arguement can be made that we are overstaffed now, when we lose 6 planes worth of flying, we will be even more fat.
That makes sense, but summer block increases could nullify any negative effects. We are not "right sized" for a summer schedule, but if we lose six planes we might be. Your point makes sense.

From what I understand, the Comair 200's are being flown for a song and a dance. We're leasing them for a buck a month. It's cheaper for Comair to lease them to us cheap and keep them up, than it is for them to park it and let it sit. They're here (ASA) because they're so cheap.

There will be several more 2 for 1 swaps- this is why we need to get Dulles right. That's going to be our "flow" for the 50's that would normally be pulled out of the system. It's going to be make or break for us, and the pressure is on our Washington crews. We could actually come out ahead on this- way ahead..................

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back