• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Vietnam base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just for the plane, no pilots included. This means the union has again just caved for the company. Is anyone else furious that ASA airplanes are going to be flown by pilots not employed by the company?

What's to stop this from happening if they sign for another 2 for 1 deal to get airplanes? What else is the union going to cave on just to squeak by? Pretty soon these iron clad loop holes in the contract are going to get much bigger.....

Just for the plane, no pilots included. This means the union has again just caved for the company. Is anyone else furious that ASA airplanes are going to be flown by pilots not employed by the company?

What's to stop this from happening if they sign for another 2 for 1 deal to get airplanes? What else is the union going to cave on just to squeak by? Pretty soon these iron clad loop holes in the contract are going to get much bigger.....

Where is the source.

Doesn't the contract prevent our planes from being flown by anyone but us, out of the country or not?

It's not going to be an ASA operation with outsourced pilots. Inc is leasing out the 6 planes (Hopefully not more) that we no longer need or have flying for to an operator in Vietnam that was looking for CRJ's. That's all this amounts to. Say goodbye to the 6 planes - or the need for approx. 25 Captains and 25 FO's. (Not that they can furlough, we will just be fat that amount unless they up the usage of the remaining planes.)

I was certainly hoping that at the very least they would fly these at risk, since they couldn't get 6 more planes of flying for United.

It's not going to be an ASA operation with outsourced pilots. Inc is leasing out the 6 planes (Hopefully not more) that we no longer need or have flying for to an operator in Vietnam that was looking for CRJ's. That's all this amounts to. Say goodbye to the 6 planes - or the need for approx. 25 Captains and 25 FO's. (Not that they can furlough, we will just be fat that amount unless they up the usage of the remaining planes.)

I was certainly hoping that at the very least they would fly these at risk, since they couldn't get 6 more planes of flying for United.

Where'd you hear this?

Everything I've read says they need 86-90 seat rjs. I know those Asians are small but I'm not sure you could get 90 of those little fùckers in a 200 model.

You guys might want to check your source, because what BH told the pilot group on Christmas day and what the chief pilots are saying are different

I will do that. But, what I am getting is that there was some misunderdstanding about the info that was passed out, and the rumors got running wild. The way I am told, they never had intention of sending ASA crews to Asia, just leasing out un-needed planes.

Doesn't the contract prevent our planes from being flown by anyone but us, out of the country or not?

In the summer of 1996 the Mesa Union got really bent out of shape when they found out about that yours truly (retired CMR) and another CMR xpilot repostioned couple of 200's out of DCA, CLT and CAE.

Out of DCA had about 17 pilots and FAs ride to CLT and turned over an aircraft to a Crew in CAE. All asked us what we were doing and retorically asked "doesn't our contract prevent outsourcing of crews to non Mesa pilots". Of course I suggest they contact their union rep and as a result we never did it again.

Latest resources

Back