• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA - Upcoming Displacement - Idea

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The vacancy bid is out allowing CAs to bid down. Let's see if anyone actually keeps their word.

The vacancy bid is out allowing CAs to bid down. Let's see if anyone actually keeps their word.

Bravo for the two sides coming to an agreement on this. It is how all displacements should be handled. We will see if these guys keep their word. A few might but I would bet most will not.

Good luck getting ALPA to do anything at all..... ALPA local has become every bit as useless as national.
-Pathetic.

Have you checked your e-mail???

In my opinion, there will be few takers for the voluntary downgrade, but at least ALPA and the company came together on it.
http://forums.flightinfo.com/images/icons/icon31.gif
Darn those MEC guys being so unwilling to bend. Darn them!!!

Yes, the company listened to its pilot group and responded in a favorable manner. They are to be commended for their responsiveness. ALPA was actually a very dull tool used in this process. Fortunately, the perseverence of a handful resulted in a fair resolution.

Yes, the company listened to its pilot group and responded in a favorable manner. They are to be commended for their responsiveness. ALPA was actually a very dull tool used in this process. Fortunately, the perseverence of a handful resulted in a fair resolution.

Actually, ALPA listened to its pilots and then worked with the Company to make it happen. But what do I know? I just sit behind this keyboard and spew misinformation
icon12.gif

There is one thing that is very apparent--You don't have a clue. I can hardly wait until you blame ALPA because not enough Captains voluntarily bid down.

Actually he does have a clue and was very involved in the whole process. You won't hear one word of complaint out of him regarding the number of capt's that bid down. The whole point of the arguement was to at least provide the option to do so.

Me to alpa, "let's get this done", alpa, "we have asked the company and they say no", me "well I just spoke to the company and they say they have no objections", alpa, "oh".......

Pretty much sums it up. ALPA and the company behaving like an estranged couple with the neglected children having to bring them to the table to get talking. Obviously didn't affect the Reps directly so they had no particular drive to pursue the matter as vigourously as was necessary. We managed to get it done.

Latest resources

Back