ASA/United Skynet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rusty Nail

Anyone know how to sign up for the United Skynet for ASA pilot travel? Paid the fee for the year but still need to get on the listing site like the one for Delta. Thanks for any suggestions.

1. Go to ourasa
2. Click on Travel Center
3. Click on UA Skynet (that will take you to the listing page, you may or may not have to log-in)

We finally got Skynet a few yrs ago at SkyWest, it's nice to have. Careful about one thing--- it makes you change your passcode periodically, and it won't tolerate repeated failed sign in attempts. On your third wrong attempt, it'll lock you out. Maybe not a big deal but I cannt type vrywell and my memory is shot. What are we talking about again???

We finally got Skynet a few yrs ago at SkyWest, it's nice to have. Careful about one thing--- it makes you change your passcode periodically, and it won't tolerate repeated failed sign in attempts. On your third wrong attempt, it'll lock you out. Maybe not a big deal but I cannt type vrywell and my memory is shot. What are we talking about again???

Should prove to be very tough for all the really old "hunt and pickers" here at ASA. Between having never learned to type on a keyboard and lining the screen up right in their bifocals, it takes some literally 12 minutes to log into our computers.

Last edited:
Also, United loads are very fickle. It's always fun when it shows 30 seats open and you show up and the 777 has been substituted with an A320.

Anyone from SkyWest/ASA had any trouble travelling in First Class or Business across the big oceans?
How accurate was SkyNet?
Costs and fees?
Worth it or not?
How was the overall experience?

Just interseted....thanks.

Anyone from SkyWest/ASA had any trouble travelling in First Class or Business across the big oceans?
How accurate was SkyNet?
Costs and fees?
Worth it or not?
How was the overall experience?

Just interseted....thanks.

I always try to use DL first...

But it's worth the annual fee for UA as a backup, especially overseas. UA charges a pretty penny for long haul first class, so it's a last resort ride home for me.

What is the min age for kids in domestic First Class on United flights?

I was in HNL this past week and were coming back on a 777 according to Skynet. A 747 showed up at the gate (and was posted this way on united.com). It said there were over 60 seats in business/first with 30 nonrevs. The gate agent gave my wife a little hell for wearing flip flops and made her put on boots. She then issued us our coach tickets?!? I was 50/50 on paying the business class fee so I didn't care but can't wear flip flops in coach - really?

I always try to use DL first...

But it's worth the annual fee for UA as a backup, especially overseas. UA charges a pretty penny for long haul first class, so it's a last resort ride home for me.

You are kidding right?!!

UA 1st Class SGN-HKG-SFO TOTAL $150 bucks.........

Try shopping online for that price in First.

Latest resources

Back