• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"enhanced" policies? Say it ain't so!!

Sounds like a Kate M. press release.

NO FENCES!

Fences only serve to protect a premium piece of equipment or domicile, or junior upgrade. In the big picture, neither one of us is bringing these to the table in a big proportion. What fences hurt the most is the commuters. Now, I'm not a commuter. I live in ATL. But why restrict the pilots who already live near or in the others domicile to switch?

I will be the first to admit that I don't know what caused the meltdown at Pinnacle. But with the vacancy system we have now, I can't see how that would have the same effect here. Absolutely there will be training cycles, but they were created by openings.

Doing what we can to reduce commuting is a win for all parties.

So, the fatigue policy has been enhanced...

Just in time for the crappy pairings in April.

Same fatigue policy is in place at UA/co... Takes the cpo out of it. Great policy. Any questions pm me on it. It's a major step up.

That is what I was wondering as well. Much better option than "pull up your big girl panties and go fly the trip" or whatever else our prior CP said to an fo.

Uh, yes. Of course there will be fences for a while. That's what a few reps told me.

Interesting seeing how the SLI groups have not met to talk about these items. Also, didn't they have to sign some kind of CA? You know that's a no no to talk about those things.

BAD BAD XJT.

Ok, I'll play along. There will be fences so the company can restrict movement, thus training events which are quite costly. Can you imagine if hundreds of pilots went to training right out of the chute?!

NO FENCES!

Fences only serve to protect a premium piece of equipment or domicile, or junior upgrade. In the big picture, neither one of us is bringing these to the table in a big proportion. What fences hurt the most is the commuters. Now, I'm not a commuter. I live in ATL. But why restrict the pilots who already live near or in the others domicile to switch?

I will be the first to admit that I don't know what caused the meltdown at Pinnacle. But with the vacancy system we have now, I can't see how that would have the same effect here. Absolutely there will be training cycles, but they were created by openings.

Doing what we can to reduce commuting is a win for all parties.

PART of what is sending Pinnacle into bankruptcy is that they did not use fences to limit training expense coupled with operational interruption.

Fences are merely for financial protection, not a bargaining tool as ALPA would lead you to believe. ALPA wants you to believe a lot of crap.

Ok, I'll play along. There will be fences so the company can restrict movement, thus training events which are quite costly. Can you imagine if hundreds of pilots went to training right out of the chute?!

The company is not a party to seniority list integration. The training cost issue has already been dealt with ahead of time in the transition and process agreement. The MCs or the arbitrator is required to comply with that. As long as that condition is met, there doesn't have to be fences.

Couldn't disagree with this more, and you have no actual financial data to back that up.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back