• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA union meeting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why don't you two take this debate to a private mail environment. I am tired of reading only your posts. Give someone else a chance to offer their insight on the discussion.

You're talking theory, I'm talking practice. As a practical matter, length of negotiations is a factor at this point. The NMB will not be able to keep this held up indefinitely. The company's pull with the NMB will eventually reach a breaking point.

No I am talking statute. There is no time requirement pure and simple. If, in the opinion of the NMB, the labor side is being unreasonable, the NMB has the legal authority to allow negotiations to go indefinately. That is a fact.

Why don't you two take this debate to a private mail environment. I am tired of reading only your posts. Give someone else a chance to offer their insight on the discussion.

If you have something to add, feel free, I would encourage it... If you don't like reading what PCL_128 and I have to say, then simply don't read it....

We will both gladly give you a chance to offer your insight....

No I am talking statute. There is no time requirement pure and simple. If, in the opinion of the NMB, the labor side is being unreasonable, the NMB has the legal authority to allow negotiations to go indefinately. That is a fact.

I agree that there is no legal requirement, but politics is politics. Congress has the authority for oversight of the NMB, and a largely labor-friendly Senate and House will eventually get involved if the NMB doesn't clean up their act. It's only a matter of where that breaking point is. Personally, I believe they're getting very close.

If you have something to add, feel free, I would encourage it... If you don't like reading what PCL_128 and I have to say, then simply don't read it....

We will both gladly give you a chance to offer your insight....

For once, I agree with Joe 100%. :beer:

For once, I agree with Joe 100%. :beer:

That's not true.... for the most part we agree on political issues also... We gave Rez. a run for his money on the gun issue....

Your just to drunk on ALPA koolaid....:beer:

Why were you not there JB?

You come on this board all the time slamming the ASA leadership, but you dont have the balls to show up at the LEC meeting and voice your opinion. Its time for you to go away. We are all sick uf your BS.

Joe-

I just did "add" something. I was trying to politely invite you two to have your pissing contest elsewhere so that I didn't have to page through the bickering before I got to someone offering substance. Agree to disagree with each other and move on.

I personally think the alpa meeting went well. Our union understands how we feel. If we are unable to get a release, they say that there is a plan B and we have to trust our elected officials.
Many good points were brought up ie. the people who bitch about the contract the most are the ones not at the meeting and the ones that swap their vacation for the company. Overall an informative meeting with a positive outcome.

That's not true.... for the most part we agree on political issues also... We gave Rez. a run for his money on the gun issue....

Your just to drunk on ALPA koolaid....:beer:

No you just talked so much you felt you won the debate... I never changed my mind on the gun issue. In addtion you never brought any progessive discussion to the debate.. just canned responses from the pro gun camp....

I don't think PCL128 is drunk on koolaid... he just knows that ALPA is the only barrier we got from market forces. Reject representation and you're at the mercy of the economy.

That is not to say that ALPA is all things wonderful. ALPA has problems, but guys like PCL128 are smart enough to work each issue. Unlike you who are one issue orientated. You reject all things ALPA cause your pet issue isn't being addressed to your satisfaction. My kids have better social skills than you....

But you have the luxury of rejecting ALPA cause you know ALPA will still provide protection from total market forces, not just DAL brand forces. Maybe it is a good thing you can't quit ALPA and not pay dues.. cause I think you would then you'd be fighting ALPA all while trying to be an independent contractor....at ASA

Latest resources

Back