• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA union looses Continental flying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Remember this- management is ALWAYS lying, and anyone who remotely represents their interests is lying too.

It is unfortunate that SkyWest management was able to dupe you all for so long. I would be embarrassed. It's so embarrassing, not even a caveman would do it.

Do you remember which conference call that was? I'd love to point that out on the SAPA forums.

Sorry, I don't remember the date, but it should be the quarter ending following the loss of the Continental bid. I googled for archives of the conference calls but I couldn't find any.

A familiar song and dance!

In November 2005, Pinnacle Management said we would lose all of our NWA flying if we didn't have an agreement by December 2005. Still flying 139 aircraft for NWA & still holding out until we receive a fair contract.

If you believe that myth about not getting flying because of a contract, I have some prime swampland to sell you!

Skywest SAPA President came out with an email today saying vote no to a union because it hinders an airline from getting additional flying. He says that ASA was suppose to get 35 plus airplanes to fly for Continental but the contract talks and threat of a strike caused them to go elsewhere. Seems like more scare tactics.

He is so full of crap. We are a union carrier also. Not only that we protect our flying with the scope we have in place (thanks to ALPA). Continental and ASA will do whats best for them if its mutually beneficial. Otherwise unless its signed on paper its only negotiations and shopping for a better deal. SAPA equals asss kissing and begging
ALPA equals negotiations and contracts.

I did here that call and it was because of the short term of the deal. If it was such a great deal for ASA to loose why wouldn't Skywest Airlines have picked it up?

I did here that call and it was because of the short term of the deal. If it was such a great deal for ASA to loose why wouldn't Skywest Airlines have picked it up?

Excellent Point!

But hey...don't tell any of these skywst kool-aid drinkers that their mgmnt lies to them.....gasp! Perish the THOUGHT!!!:eek: Jerry Loves his kids....riiiiiight! So long as you little b@stards continue to pile loads of cash into his pockets...."He Loves YOU!" Man I hope that you guys WAKE UP!!:rolleyes:

Is this the flying that CHQ won?

If so, we're union .............

What's his point?

The point is FUD. The reverend father, in his weekly sermon to the faithful, announced to the whole company (not just the pilots) that due to the strike vote by the pilots the United codeshare was lost.

"Greedy work group A has screwed over all the other work groups due to their unwillingness to look beyond their own self-interests. Be sure to thank them when you don't get a raise this year"

While the deal mentioned by the thread starter concerns not an existing union's strike vote, but the impending vote on whether to install a union, the principles are identical.

And the RAH EXCO is not the problem. The Local leadership is.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back