ASA trip "rescheduling"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OCP

If we are rescheduled and the trip now ends earlier than the original are we supposed to call scheduling when we are done with the reschedule?
I don't see in the contract that we need to call, but it is their responsibility to notify us. Correct?

If we are rescheduled and the trip now ends earlier than the original are we supposed to call scheduling when we are done with the reschedule?
I don't see in the contract that we need to call, but it is their responsibility to notify us. Correct?
not if you're a line holder...go home

A Regular line holder only calls scheduling if you have a trip cancelled. If you are rescheduled and you finish, you are not required to call. Only Reserves are required to call at the end of their trips.

When airlines start playing games like this they will probably fold within three years, and you can expect a pay freeze next year...unless of course they started off playing games like that from day one-which invokes a whole different set of hellish rules that defy logic and propose that the airline would be really profitable if it weren't for the damn pilots.

It is amazing the logic that comes from management that does not actively produce anything-except for yet more inane memos!

Last edited:
A scheduler told my flight attendant yesterday that she did not get a hotel room on a 6+ hour sit. They just got that in their last contract!

Always second guess scheduling, no one is victimized more than out flight attendants are.

Always second guess scheduling, no one is victimized more than out flight attendants are.

Most of the time, you can only be victimized if you put yourself in the place of a potential victim. In this case, in particular, if you don't know the contract, especially the scheduling part, then you will always be the victim. Who has a more vested interest in your well being, than YOU?

Anyone that does know their contract, pilot or flight attendant, will be subject to a misinterpretation by a person in scheduling who probably has worked in their position for about a month. There is alot of turnover and they don't have your best interest at stake.

Last edited:
When airlines start playing games like this they will probably fold within three years, and you can expect a pay freeze next year...unless of course they started off playing games like that from day one-which invokes a whole different set of hellish rules that defy logic and propose that the airline would be really profitable if it weren't for the damn pilots.

It is amazing the logic that comes from management that does not actively produce anything-except for yet more inane memos!

Do you work for an airline? Every airline in this industry has the ability to schedule and to reschedule. We do not live in a perfect world, and schedules are challenged by weather, maintenance, crews who call in sick, crews who no show, and sometimes staffing problems that can be compounded by the other things mentioned. Most airlines have the ability to reschedule through extensions, junior-manning, and swapping or "reschedule". If they pay you, they have a right to recover. It's the only way that they can protect the integrity of their operation that is many times affected by things outside their control and normal planning. That is the nature of the beast--like it or not! The processes ultimately protect my company and my job.

Yeah don't read too much into it, the airplane just broke.

Anyway... Thanks for the info.

Do you work for an airline? Every airline in this industry has the ability to schedule and to reschedule. We do not live in a perfect world, and schedules are challenged by weather, maintenance, crews who call in sick, crews who no show, and sometimes staffing problems that can be compounded by the other things mentioned. Most airlines have the ability to reschedule through extensions, junior-manning, and swapping or "reschedule". If they pay you, they have a right to recover. It's the only way that they can protect the integrity of their operation that is many times affected by things outside their control and normal planning. That is the nature of the beast--like it or not! The processes ultimately protect my company and my job.

I see where you are coming from for the most part but is the above true when the airline uses junior manning and schedule reassignment to STAFF the airline for their normal work schedule? Are they protecting your job then?

Latest resources

Back