• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA training dept. rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, at XJT, the scheduling committee in conjunction with XJT crew planning build the pairings. I've also been told by a member of the XJT MEC that the XJT scheduling committee has been able to build better, more efficient/productive ASA pairings in their attempts to persuade the ASA MEC that our line bidding would benefit all of us and the company compared to the current ASA PBS.

ok.. so build more constructive pairing for PBS then... win/win

ok.. so build more constructive pairing for PBS then... win/win

Nope, because there's other things in the PBS that would need to get fixed as well.

Does ASA's PBS system still allow trip-touching drops for vacation, carry-in, training, etc?

Not in the traditional sense that you're probably thinking of. But the ASA preferences can be set up so that when there's vacation, a guy can score the 20+ day off stretch that occurs with a trip touch/conflict under line bidding and retain line guaranty. If he bridges it from one month to the next, he can do really well also.

The rest of the LOA governing their PBS sucks though.

I'd STILL take the XJT line bid/workrules over the current ASA PBS system.

Does ASA's PBS system still allow trip-touching drops for vacation, carry-in, training, etc?

No it DOES NOT.

But what it does is allow you to bid "vacation low" during a vacation month. This allows you to maximize vacation. I DO like PBS during vacation months better than our old line bidding (yes we did have trips dropped if it touched vacation) i had 24 days off last vacation, but ASA mgmt is screaming it is too expensive and it isn't working out how they planned, so they will be pushing HARD to modify it.

They can shove it

What does that make you?

By the way....do you really have a boat named "School Boy Heart"?

Not a Buffett fan are you?

"Cause I got a school boy heart, a novelist eye
Stout sailor's legs and a license to fly
I got a bartender's ear and beachcomber's style
Piratical nerve and a Vaudevillian style"

Not just for you Mrs Cockpit, but the point is that it's the dealerships, banks, company's to decide what is acceptable to them. Because like I already said, these being businesses, they will NOT give you ANYTHING unless you negotiate for it. If you pay MRSP on a new vehicle or asking price on a home, they will NOT tell you that you are settling for a good deal for THEM. And they shouldn't! So I say again, this is NOT the way to negotiate.

Do you guys/gal get it now or do I need to draw pretty pictures?;)

Nevets, you can draw all the stupid pictures you want, but some of us don't want to treat our company like the car dealership we are trying to get a great deal with...As has been said before me, I don't want to hurt my company.

The difference between you and I is that I plan on staying here and I like the fact that my company has a lot of money in the bank. That gives us options that other companies don't have. I'm not trying to "stick it to the man" as are you...

Another difference between us and you is that many of us are very greatful that Skywest bought us. Delta owned us and Comair....guess which one is better off?

Don't take this the wrong way...but you can take your bad attitude and stick it where the sun don't shine....with all due respect that is...;>}

uh oh !

Is it because you KNOW you won't be able to leave ASA, and he has confidence that he will? Probably.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wait a minute? Did this piece of freeking trash just somewhat agree with me?
Ok, Ok, I am TOTALLY wrong about all of this and for that I am truly sorry.
we should all come to a equitable solution concerning q.o.l. and pay.
We all need to give 100% PLUS help scheduling, management and the training department do their jobs. I, in no way, shape or form desire to share ANY point of view with that RJ unleashing, lying piece of trash with 15,211 posts on here. g.l./o.y.s....... go f$%ck yourself buddy, you're a d!ck!

Wait a minute? Did this piece of freeking trash just somewhat agree with me?
Ok, Ok, I am TOTALLY wrong about all of this and for that I am truly sorry.
we should all come to a equitable solution concerning q.o.l. and pay.
We all need to give 100% PLUS help scheduling, management and the training department do their jobs. I, in no way, shape or form desire to share ANY point of view with that RJ unleashing, lying piece of trash with 15,211 posts on here. g.l./o.y.s....... go f$%ck yourself buddy, you're a d!ck!

Something we can all agree on! Well said!

Something we can all agree on! Well said!

Just the g.l./o.y.s. comment.
The other stuff was just cynicism dude.
No but really, if your a lifer here you're screwed.
Yes, I am concerned about my family and if you're not, you're a fool.
You know, just like the lifers at asa who voted for that sh!t of being notified of a re-assignment via voice mail, pbs etc....
I stand by all of my negative asa, inc. posts
So don't agree with me either, LIFER!

Latest resources

Back