• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Training and Life

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tell all of these idiots to STFU. Especially the Biatch.

It's not bad at all. The instructors have a job to do, and they'll do it. Period.

The training is usually 8 to 50 M thru F for ground schools, i.e., INDOC, Systems, Performance, etc. That could change, depending on what needs to be accomplished and how many are going thru, etc.

CPT (cockpit procedure training....flows, checklists, etc.) is usually 4 sessions, with the last 2 partially in the sim so you can push the real buttons.

Sim sessions are variable, with a 3 hour pre-brief, a 4 hour session, and a 1 hour post-brief. Usually 8 sims, with a mock checkride after followed by the real thing. Don't sweat it.

The wait for IOE (25 gear cycles in the RJ, regardless of hours) varies. There are stories floating out there of one person waiting 28 days for the first IOE trip. They're regular trips, anywhere from 1 day to 4 days, mostly up to 2 days because the IPs don't want to be away from home.

The flight bag is your option. The $30 Office Depot special works great.

Reserve is reserve. Sometimes you work everyday, sometimes you don't work for 3 weeks plus. It varies, take it in stride. Some people bid reserve on purpose because you can still make over guarantee the way our contract is (under block is on top of guarantee, regardless if you hit guarantee or not).

Enjoy your time, and disregard the idiots around here. Some people should be banned just for all of the negative BS.

LTG

Last edited:
Long Time Gone said:
The flight bag is your option. The $30 Office Depot special works great.
Mine's going on 6 years.
ASA training is top notch. No worries.
Please don't patronize Spondivits unless you like serious attitude from waitstaff and management. I was followed to the parking lot and berated once for leaving a 20% tip. I upped it to 30% (wish I hadn't) and the redneck whore still wasn't happy. That was not an isolated incident....just the last incident.

Wow, you guys need to relax. The training isnt easy but it's not that difficult. Memorize your memory items, limitations and profiles. That's 80% of your oral.Then get flows down cold. The one thing that ticks off instructors is not being prepared for a lesson because theres to much to do in the sim sessions to teach stuff you should already know. By the time you get to the oral you will have a good working knowledge of the systems. Our instructors are top notch and will do everything possible to get you through. Like already said, attitude is everything, keep it positive. Your checkride will not be perfect and they dont expect perfect. Its basically a pro-check, so you can retrain a few items if necassary and time permits. Just relax and get out of town on weekends, you will go crazy if you stay at the Red Roof for 2 months! Also work with your partner is makes a tremendous differance. Good Luck and BREATHE.

Long Time Gone said:
Tell all of these idiots to STFU. Especially the Biatch.
Some people should be banned just for all of the negative BS.
LTG

hahahahahaha Someone get him some vagisil

BTW, I went home (flew quite a distance) every weekend in ground school. Everything is possible.

Great attitude is all you really need. You're already hired. Welcome aboard.

LTG

bigshooter said:
U Do not have to memorize all those emergency action items anymore.
Actually, you do have to memorize those. The written test is the same after systems ground school.

Besides, I can never find the checklist I'm looking for on the card, so I run the list from memory and then check the card to satisfy the requirement. Does anyone think that if you got into the mess those Pinnacle pilots were in that you would read the card? Heck no. When your bacon is in the fire it is a good idea to have some idea how to begin a correct recovery.

1. Be sure you know the Immediate Action Items. These are the BOXED items on the card. The non-boxed information is not required for your oral.

2. Know all of the BOXED limitations in your POH. You are required to know them 100%.

3. General systems. You are required to have a good working knowledge (80% per the feds) of all systems.

4. Know your flows before you get to CPT.

5. Know your profiles before you get to the sim.

recommendations:

Study with your training partner.

Use study groups when possible.

Do not go out and get trashed at night. If you're not studying, you will need to conserve your rest and reserve some time for your family.

Do dress appropriately. Business casual will be fine.

Be advised, the ASA IP's and Check Airmen are going to train and check you to the FAA standards. Do not think they are going to pencil whip you through the program. The 600 hr pilot will be held to the exact same standards as the 6000 hr pilot.

Play the game, study hard, budget your free time, and you will make it through the program.

Latest resources

Back