• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA "town hall" prediction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When you do, make sure you post the outcome on the ALPA board, so we all know how that worked out for you...

Insubordinate is a good way to get fired. When the CP tells you to accept the assignment and grieve it and you refuse, you can plan on some unpaid leave at the very least.

If that doesnt matter to you, by all means go for it.

Until "Delter" is hiring, its all talk. The world is a bit of a mess right now if you have not bothered to pay attention to current events.

Insubordinate is a good way to get fired. When the CP tells you to accept the assignment and grieve it and you refuse, you can plan on some unpaid leave at the very least.

If that doesnt matter to you, by all means go for it.

Why should I be bothered at the prospect of being disciplined by a job that doesn't even care to follow it's contract with me? If they're that blatant about this, do I still want to work here or has the line been crossed?

I'm chewing on that one...interested to see how this plays out.

(3) Minimum Day Credit Section 3 – Compensation
1 A reserve pilot will be paid and credited the greater of paragraphs (3)(a)
2 or (3)(b) below.
3 (a) Three (3) hours and forty-five (45) minutes of credit for each
4 calendar day of duty and/or calendar day away from domicile. This
5 provision will not apply to time spent in training (not including OE)
6 and CDOs; or
7 (b) Four (4) hours of credit for each ready reserve assignment.

This is fairly clear.

Is there a provision somewhere else that explicitly grants the company the discretion to remove min day credit from a pairing? Or did they just make that up out of thin air (like they did red-arrow days)?

Doesn't anyone have the sack to refuse to be bound by non-contractual language that was just invented out of thin air?

What if they told you they're just not going to pay you for a week? Would you show up and fly and 'grieve it'?

Geez...I guess I think too much of most of you.

Last edited:
Johnpeace you are wrong yet again...Please follow thru on your threat...

Johnpeace you are wrong yet again...Please follow thru on your threat...

Can you elaborate? Please explain how...

I'm not an attorney, I'm doing the best I can to get the meaning from the contract.

If I'm wrong, so be it...that's great. In that case I guess I'll suck it up. Can you show me how I'm wrong?

Can you elaborate? Please explain how...

I'm not an attorney, I'm doing the best I can to get the meaning from the contract.

If I'm wrong, so be it...that's great. In that case I guess I'll suck it up. Can you show me how I'm wrong?

With your attitude I'd rather just watch you jump off the cliff...

Awesome leadership, captain. Your reputation befits you I see.

My attitude is wanting to hold a line instead of living in a constant state of retreat like some coward.

Thank you for the typical comment! For those viewers at home who have forgotten about our beloved Jumpin' Joey, here's your convenient reminder. And we expect his boy 777forever (Little Joe) to weigh in at any moment. So don't touch that dial and stay tuned for more entertainment to come!

Last edited:
Awesome leadership, captain. Your reputation befits you I see.

My attitude is wanting to hold a line instead of living in a constant state of retreat like some coward.

You seem to know everything about everything and you have it all figured it out....Show me the leadership oh wise one and lead your charge up that hill....Maybe you can teach me something....

I'll help.

The ONLY assignment you can refuse is one that is FAA illegal. If it is contractual, you must follow the process in place.

From a legal standpoint, the company has a right to conduct business.

You also have a right to say no, but then the company has every right to discipline you how they see fit.

END.

I'll help.

The ONLY assignment you can refuse is one that is FAA illegal. If it is contractual, you must follow the process in place.

From a legal standpoint, the company has a right to conduct business.

You also have a right to say no, but then the company has every right to discipline you how they see fit.

END.

I don't get it...what's the point of a labor contract if one party can arbitrarily violate it at will?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back