• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA to get a LGA base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well too damm bad!!! They expect us to live under the CBA that WE signed!!!!

Scott Hall has told me in the past that "the company is simply exercising the rights and provisions the pilots and ASA MGMT signed when the contract was agreed upon"

Well join the "loophole" club.......we have been members for many years and I for one am enjoying watching them TWIST in the winds of unintended consequences!!!

It's funny that you guys actually think the company wants line bidding back. It's been a large management success. They essentially haven't had to hire or upgrade for over a year because of it. They want to make PBS seem like such a great deal for the pilots to make you more willing to give up vacation low. It's just the next thing for them to come after. It will never end.
They promised growth for PBS. Now they will say, well it didn't work like expected so now you have to give up vacation low for growth. And in another year it will be something else that you have to give up and so on.

while I agree, problem is anyone that doesn't have vacation is getting extended or having to work 90 hour months to cover all of it

Everyone is getting extended or flying 90+ hours because management's staffing model was broken. They overestimated PBS's impact and underestimated the outcomes "vacation low" could produce (in addition to other factors). The consequences are clearly management's fault, not the work rules'. But remember, it doesn't matter how we got here.

Everyone is getting extended or flying 90+ hours because management's staffing model was broken. They overestimated PBS's impact and underestimated the outcomes "vacation low" could produce (in addition to other factors). The consequences are clearly management's fault, not the work rules'. But remember, it doesn't matter how we got here.

the model isn't broken. They want everyone to work 90+ hours. It's cheaper than hiring people, even if they have to offer 200% or cancel a flight here and there. You guys confuse your hardships with management success. Having people work 90+ hours when they were working around 80 hours does not sound like a management consequence to me. Sounds like a management victory.

the model isn't broken. They want everyone to work 90+ hours. It's cheaper than hiring people, even if they have to offer 200% or cancel a flight here and there.

There were more than a few cancellations. They were daily, numerous, and damaged our relationship with our mainline partners. You don't fail that spectacularly on purpose if you want to stay in business. The model was absolutely broken this summer.

I have been here for over 4.5 years now and have had 4 different ways to bid. PBS is the worst if you want a schedule that is normal and routine month to month. Vacation low is nice but you could call in sick if you like on the old system. I think waiting to see if you were to be integrated was less stress than having to learn "how to talk to the pbs system". My beef also is with the window they set with crummy low credit pairings. Anyway they treat me like crap I do the same back. No favors from me. Holt is a lying piece of garbage.

PBS is the worst if you want a schedule that is normal and routine month to month... I think waiting to see if you were to be integrated was less stress than having to learn "how to talk to the pbs system".

I strongly disagree. I can easily get a "routine" schedule with PBS. I can also build a complex one with unusual trip patterns if it suits my objectives. Integration was terrible and I'm happy it is gone.

I do agree that the pairing efficiencies and credit window settings have been awful.

Try IAD or DTW. Unless you're #1 (and not even then) can you pattern bid. The pairings just don't exist and if they do, one miscalculation and you're working six straight. Or unless you don't mind showing up at 7am, doing SEVEN legs followed by a 9:41 overnight. All in the name of a few bucks.

Thing is, they cost themselves so much in the long run (threatening the company's existence) in delays and cancellations, and completely pissed off employees. I'm pretty sure they even expect to lose an airplane- only to throw you, the crew, under the bus when it happens.

Central Pilot, you will not get a routine month if you have training or tricking pbs for more vacation. Training credits are far too low. I can get easily what I want, I don't want to spend 2.5 hours trying to do it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back