Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA to Furlough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GEORGE DUBYA said:
My brother in law is a captain and he overheard the chief pilot say this yesterday.

A friend of my girlfriends aunts husbands cousin said that he knows you and you are a dumb @ss.

:cool: We are hiring like crazy! Another new class of flight attendants and pilots going through class right now. I am in CAT II training right now and it is MORE than business as usual. We need to keep the pilots coming to keep those new airplanes filled! :)

I dont think SkyWest has ever furlough a pilot? Maybe if ASA is over staffed. SkyWest does run realy thin on pilots.

amcnd said:
I dont think SkyWest has ever furlough a pilot? Maybe if ASA is over staffed. SkyWest does run realy thin on pilots.

They can't possibly run any thinner than ASA is right now.

Also, for what it's worth (and it really isn't much), ASA has never furloughed a pilot either. But it's more for business reasons than a goodwill thing.

do you guys realize this is a game some of the ASA instructors play? they see who can't start the craziest rumors and how long it takes to get through the pilots lounge and back to training department.

>>do you guys realize this is a game some of the ASA instructors play? they see who can't start the craziest rumors and how long it takes to get through the pilots lounge and back to training department.<

I can verify that statement.

If ASA is getting 28 70 seaters that will be nearly 600 training events. Each airplane should be staffed with about 5.5 crews, or 11 pilots. That would mean 308 new hires, plus another 200, or so for attrition.

But things could change on a dime. 40 of the 50 seat airplanes are being left on Delta's books so that they will be wasy to dump if (when) Delta has a serious retrenchment.

I thought every one started a rumour from time to time just to see how long it took to get back to them! You have to entertain yourself some how.;)

actually i am 17 and I took an intro flight and was told buy the comair academy i would work for delta really fast so all you suckas at these regionals have no idea I will be working for delta in like a year

Latest resources

Back