ASA to furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spud-

I don't think it is my problem for saying guys should operate per SOP's. I am sorry you think it is me that is the problem. I was addressing those that say they won't use it.

Yes, at FL310 you should hold with selection of half bank I suppose...but then again I had guys that would turn off half bank in the hold above FL316 on a regular basis citing turn radius and airspace protection.

CI should not be a problem. If it is, it is your responsibility to address it by flying appropriately and then contacting your CP...not to mention filing some company paperwork.

This stuff isn't rocket surgery for goodness sakes!

CI has shown a holding speed of 191 at FL310 and yes, it corresponded with the drift down speed.

But drift down is likely wings level, whereas holding includes a standard rate turn and a corresponding increase in stall speed.

How much of a stall buffer do we have during the turn?

I don't know, actually, but I can find out and PM you.

I do know that in a recent example the hold speed at FL310 was like .55, and the 1.3Vs was near .45, and that seems like it would be adequate margin. I don't have specifics, but I can get them for you.

I don't know, actually, but I can find out and PM you.

I do know that in a recent example the hold speed at FL310 was like .55, and the 1.3Vs was near .45, and that seems like it would be adequate margin. I don't have specifics, but I can get them for you.

A PM would be fine but it seems that the biggest obstacle CI has (or any new program has) is fear of the unknown, education os obviously to key to overcome this.

Could you initiate a Q&A program with the minutes compiled and periodically distributed through ourasa?
This would allow specific situations and educated replies allowing acceptance or quicker acceptance of CI.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]In Guernee, Illinois, it is illegal for women weighing more than 200 pounds to ride horses in shorts. [/FONT]

Latest resources

Back