• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA to Commit Schedule Suicide for June

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So back to the issue, why isn't anyone (upper mgmt) addressing this and telling us why we are about to have the worst performance ever during the summer in atl....... Cannot believe this

That's what I've been wondering. I am skeptical of how this is going to work. I can understand the pre-boarding while the pilots are enroute, but how will that work on D-concourse? Who will be incharge of running the APU with no crew onboard? Old ATR powercarts? Good luck.

I hope I am wrong about this, but after what we just did with the MX problems on April 1st, I would've thought that trying something this wild would have been shelved for awhile.

That's what I've been wondering. I am skeptical of how this is going to work. I can understand the pre-boarding while the pilots are enroute, but how will that work on D-concourse? Who will be incharge of running the APU with no crew onboard? Old ATR powercarts? Good luck.

In order to board w/o pilots on-board you must have grd power avail. The APU cannot be used w/o the flightdeck crew within the footprint of the aircraft. With that said you will only see this done on A,B,C and the old NW/city gates on D. I believe that the flt deck crew must be on the grd to initiate boarding as well. You don't want people boarding while the pilots are over ODF on the arrival.

Last edited:
As for the room on D-conc for WC and UMs, this is only a transfer room and not a "holding pin". They are only there long enough to confirm a gate and have someone take them out. If a child has a lengthy L/O then they are taken to Dusty's Den. This job has nothing to do with AA as I have been there and done that years ago. It is a low paying thank-less job that many people simply don't want yet these people do and they have gotten better.

I'd beg to differ that the job has nothing to do with AA. Most of them do. You know who the airport is named after right?

Last edited:
I'd beg to differ that the job has something to do with AA. They all do. You know who the airport is named after, right?

They all do? I'd beg to differ.

To answer your question, yes.
William B Hartsfield and Maynard Jackson both of whom are former Atlanta mayors that had a great impact on this city.

Hartsfield is credited along with Mayor Maynard Jackson with developing Atlanta's airport into a national aviation center and ensuring a good water supply with the completion of the Buford Dam. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is named in honor of him and later Mayor Maynard Jackson, who led the modernization of the airport in the 1970s.
Hartsfield was also responsible for fostering Atlanta's image as "the city too busy to hate" during the Civil Rights struggles of the 1950s.

Thanks for the Wiki, although you're wrong.

You may find this article interesting.
http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=900005558485

Contracts and Procurement

What am I wrong about? Was the name changed from Hartsfield-Jackson Intl Airport?

Is Mercury Air Center still in business at KATL? The contract I thought we were talking about was AirServe. I am not wrong about the AA issue, it is simply a difference of opinion. If you want to explore every contract the Atlanta Airport has, then so be it but I hope you have allot of time on your hands.

Does the airport promote diversity? Yes
Is that a bad thing? IMHO ... No.

Why don't you guy's start your own thread about UM's and WC's.

Next month is going to suck and as mentioned above I cannot believe they are going to try something this crazy after the inspection ordeal............

Does the airport promote diversity? Yes
Is that a bad thing? IMHO ... No.

"Diversity" is code for "blatant discrimination against white, Christian males." Period.

Is that a bad thing? ??

Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the strength to beat the living crap out of anyone who pisses me off!

"Diversity" is code for "blatant discrimination against white, Christian males." Period.

Is that a bad thing? ??

Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the strength to beat the living crap out of anyone who pisses me off!

By your logic if I am a white mormon or jewish male where do I fit in?

Diversity - the inclusion of diverse people (as people of different races or cultures) in a group or organization.

Back to the topic at hand:

The only way this will work is if the crews and the company work together. During IROP days performance will be in the toilet, as it is now, with the focus being on recovery. Short turns in ATL can be done w/ crew swaps just as they are done in outstations.

Latest resources

Back