ASA to begin ATL-MDW and SLC-ABQ service 9/1/05

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AV,

Look in the mirror? OK ... now what ? Since I have some time away from helping Muslims meet Allah ... I'll play along and humor your RJDC mentality. There is a pilot with 23+ years of flying, including some furlough time. Have you ever been furloughed and watched your job get "replaced" by a WO ? Try it. Check the DAL qtrly reports over the past 4 years and see how much mainline RPMs are down while DCI RPMS are thru the roof. Have you noticed how the DCI virus has rapidly spread from "C" concourse to "D" and "E" ? How does it feel to be a parasite? Hope you enjoy your RJ cause your gonna be there a while.

Blame? Sure, throw ALPA in as well, no love lost there. Let's add Capt Ford (moment of silence please) and his RJDC lap dogs, and based on your distortion of reality, I should blame myself for spending 20+ years flying military jets, only to get hired by several majors. Darn, what was I thinking?

Jeht,
FACT - Been bumped off the CRJ J/S, pulled out of my seat on the ATL ramp as a non-rev due to weight and balance, watched a Barbie jet leave me and other non-revs behind as it taxied out with empty seats remaining, and had to make extra trips to the airport ot get my luggage that could not make the flight with me. Ever been to FL 410 ?

Silence.

F410 , sure have several times but we usually like to cruise at 390 or 380, right along with you guys at about .82 or greater. Ever been denied a jumpseat because who you work for by a DCI carrier? FACT I have been denied a jumpseat by a Delta Captain because I work for a DCI carrier and I quote " we are taking their jobs". I guess I should have remembered that everytime I have had a Delta guy jumpseat on one of my flights, but I chose not to be an a$$hole like that Captain was.

jehtplane said:
Are you a CRJ-700 pilot, do you fly it 4 days a week and actually know what the airplane can carry? Ah the sound of silence, you have no **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** clue.

Hey, look at the travelnet for CR7 loads out of Jackson Hole----only 45 allowed out of there and 70 going in. Why is that? Our 733s go out with only 10 or so seats restricted. Not enough power compared to an old 733? Just wondering....

Bye Bye---General Lee

AV8700 said:
But you can take a MD90 from ATL to SLC. Oh wait, we had to stop in MCI for more fuel.

No scheduled MD90s flying between those cities. You must have been on a special charter.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General Lee said:
No scheduled MD90s flying between those cities. You must have been on a special charter.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Possibly. I know its not the norm for an MD90 to be in ATL

Jeht,

Sometimes we all have to apologize for the a$$'s in the cockpits ... tit for tat ... while J/S home, a DCI left-seater lectured me the whole way home over contract / scope issues ... when I told him it was my last flight home cause of getting furloughed the look on his face was priceless ... I also had a "save" on an ATR J/S one night when the "teenager" in the right seat started his approach to an AF Aux field instead of the real runway ... regardless, the J/S is no place for politics, and I NEVER (in 2+ years) had a CA turn anyone (including DCI) away.

I will turn it over to my man GL from here ... fly safe in your new jet.

spanky2 said:
Jeht,

Sometimes we all have to apologize for the a$$'s in the cockpits ... tit for tat ... while J/S home, a DCI left-seater lectured me the whole way home over contract / scope issues ... when I told him it was my last flight home cause of getting furloughed the look on his face was priceless ... I also had a "save" on an ATR J/S one night when the "teenager" in the right seat started his approach to an AF Aux field instead of the real runway ... regardless, the J/S is no place for politics, and I NEVER (in 2+ years) had a CA turn anyone (including DCI) away.

I will turn it over to my man GL from here ... fly safe in your new jet.

Thanks Spanky2, and welcome back of course. A lot of the new routes from ATL that we are losing are because of some of the 737-200s being retired. A CR7 may be close in seats, and they may be using those in the early Fall and Winter, when loads aren't enough to warrant a 737. That is fine with me, but when Spring and Summer come around, things will get busier again, and then those CR7s will have to find new cities. In SLC the CR7 will be flying to Los Cabos starting July 1st, a service flown by the 738 until the end of May. That is fine with me again, because I would rather have presence on a route than just lose it half of the year. When things turn cold up North, more people will connect in SLC, and it will go back to a 738. Having a 738 losing money in the Summer to Cabo doesn't help our financial picture.

As far as our future fleet plans, it will be interesting to see. A LCA told me that G. Beck was in Paris for the Paris Airshow, talking to Airbus. That may have been to spark Boeing's interest too. I think when we get our finances in order (Pension reform will help), there may be an order of some type---which I have heard from VPs at a DFW meeting three weeks ago---of 737-700s replacing the MD88s (phased out by 2011), and new 739's to replace the 757s eventually. So, a 737-700, 738, 739 narrowbody fleet, with possibly a 787 or something simmilar replacing the 767 eventually. That could be a 15 year plan. Obvioulsy I hope we are still in one piece in 15 years, and things could change--like a merger etc. I don't think our aircraft numbers will get any smaller AFTER our disposal of the 737-200s and 767-200s, because we need to actually create revenue to try to pay off the mountain of debt etc... It will be interesting......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Spanky:

I'm a retired USAF Air Traffic Controller, now at ASA for 16 years, and have seen many instances of military pilots approaching taxiways and wrong runways to land. Recall a fellow ctlr sending a C130 around trying to land at night on the ramp at Robins AFB. And I'm sure you have ATC stories too. My point here that it happens to ALL pilots, not just young RJ pilots.

It's not ASA or CMR's fault that you were furloughed, and I am personnaly sad that happened. However, ASA has hired numerous furloughed major pilots, and continues to IF they want to come here.

And I don't know why you blame Regional Pilots for loading restrictions. Those are the planes that ASA, AND DAL, wanted and purchased. I hate it when I have to leave revenue passengers behind, let alone non-revs & JSers, and go to great lengths to try and get them on. A lot of others do too. At ASA we have had some arrogant retired military pilots that bitched like you wouldn't believe, and here they were riding free on the JS! And I'm sure we have our share too that do the same unfortunately..

I just don't appreciate you or anyone else complaining about our operations and procedures as I'm sure you most likely don't like it when a regional pilot is riding on your JS and whines. You sir, need to get over it, and just appreciate that you can ride free when loading allows it. I know I do!

Hoser
USAF Retired
Capt CRJ

spanky2 said:
AV,

Look in the mirror? OK ... now what ? Since I have some time away from helping Muslims meet Allah ... I'll play along and humor your RJDC mentality. There is a pilot with 23+ years of flying, including some furlough time. Have you ever been furloughed and watched your job get "replaced" by a WO ? Try it. Check the DAL qtrly reports over the past 4 years and see how much mainline RPMs are down while DCI RPMS are thru the roof. Have you noticed how the DCI virus has rapidly spread from "C" concourse to "D" and "E" ? How does it feel to be a parasite? Hope you enjoy your RJ cause your gonna be there a while.

Blame? Sure, throw ALPA in as well, no love lost there. Let's add Capt Ford (moment of silence please) and his RJDC lap dogs, and based on your distortion of reality, I should blame myself for spending 20+ years flying military jets, only to get hired by several majors. Darn, what was I thinking?

Jeht,
FACT - Been bumped off the CRJ J/S, pulled out of my seat on the ATL ramp as a non-rev due to weight and balance, watched a Barbie jet leave me and other non-revs behind as it taxied out with empty seats remaining, and had to make extra trips to the airport ot get my luggage that could not make the flight with me. Ever been to FL 410 ?

Silence.

Spanky:

Yes - look in the mirror. Your MEC negotiated the contracts that sent your code out to the lowest bidder. Your MEC Chairman signed the agreement and your pilots ratified it.

It has nothing to do with Dan Ford, the RJDC, or any DCI pilot. We were not represented, we did not get to negotiate, we had no scope to sign off on and we sure as heck did not get to ratify it.

Your frustration is understandable, but you are aiming your vitriol in the wrong direction, Skippy.

~~~^~~~

jehtplane said:
FACT I have been denied a jumpseat by a Delta Captain because I work for a DCI carrier and I quote " we are taking their jobs".
Yeah I had an arrogant Delta SOB try to knock me off an AirTran jumpseat because he was "senior to me." So I asked him, "On what list?"

Turns out the guy had a Company positive space ticket, but he did not want to wait an hour for his Delta flight.

These Delta guys are making enemies out of the wrong pilots. But it is like Delta spending millions on their Gay Pride activities - this Company has completely lost its direction and no body is managing like this place will be around in six months.

Latest resources

Back