• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA TLH Fire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
An Atlantic Southeast Airlines Canadair CRJ-200 on behalf of Delta Airlines, registration N830AS performing flight EV-5563/DL-5563 from Tallahassee,FL to Atlanta,GA (USA), was being prepared for departure at gate B3 in Tallahassee with the crew on board and the passenger luggage already loaded. The 47 passengers were still awaiting boarding, the crew working a checklist, when the flight crew noticed heat behind them and saw smoke coming from the wall between cockpit and galley. Emergency services responded to the emergency call and were able to quickly extinguish the fire. No injuries occured.

The damage to the cockpit is described substantial. Fire fighters said, that the pilot seats received most of the heat. The cause of the fire could not yet be determined.

The flight had to be cancelled, the passengers were rebooked onto other flights during the day.

The NTSB has dispatched investigators, the FAA has been notified as well.

The FAA reported, that the fire in the cockpit caused substantial damage to the aircraft.

http://avherald.com/h?article=415ca1d5&opt=0

One of the rampers in TLH had a picture of the exterior fire damage. There is about a two foot hole burned in the side of the A/C just aft of the Captain's side windshield.

Just be happy that this fire did NOT occur in flight!

Count the blessings.

At a brainstorming session, deep within the GO:

"Hmmmm.... how could this have possibly been the responsibility of the pilot? We've got to think, people! I need ideas!"

ironic cfi, i asked a cp today what he had heard and he told me he didnt know anything specific but said it sounded like the ca did a hec of a job handling it

why

ironic cfi, i asked a cp today what he had heard and he told me he didnt know anything specific but said it sounded like the ca did a hec of a job handling it

why so negative

why so negative

Come on, Francis, lighten up. I don't really think the meeting at the GO went like this. Kudos to the entire crew for not making CNN, however.

It was humor. Do you come to FI for facts?

I probably should have included a :laugh: or a :D. My bad.

We flew one that was inspected in ATL when we brought it in on Monday. Mtc was looking at the O2 line behind the capt. It was 835.

Hoser
Roll Tide
Owns USC!

Latest resources

Back