• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Thread-the bid is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know how many people I have flown with that rant "I would take any place but Atlanta" "Atlanta sucks" etc...

As it turns out they are all full of crap. Better not hear a single captain bitch about Atlanta... You are here by choice now.

Participate in a forum where the same jackhole asks if he should pay 10 grand to be placed in a candidate pool to possibly fly MD88's? No, thanks.

ps. I say go for it.

so... were all the really senior guys at Netjets who had to pay for their own training when they first got hired there back in the day jackholes? Or how about all the guys at Airtran who had to pay for the chance to interview (i think it was a few hundred bucks)? we all paid for a private, a commercial, instrument, cfi, mei, cfii, atp, some typeratings maybe... 10s of thousands of dollars so if a company says they want to hire you but the policy is that they only hire typed pilots, is it crazy to get a type? Thousands of pilots get a 737 type all the time cause they want to apply at SWA..... whatever, if you want to discuss it and disagree that is fine but grow up and stop cussing people out just because you disagree. its childish... but then again most people in this place still act like they are in high school. I said most, not all so be your own judge.

and its not 10K to be put in a pool. and its not paying the company. its paying a training center for a type rating. if i already had the type rating then i wouldn't have to pay anything. but i dont, so i do, so get over it. its amazing how it bothers you so bad that you had to bring it up out of utter irrelevance on this thread. whatever, why do i even bother.....

Last edited:
I don't know how many people I have flown with that rant "I would take any place but Atlanta" "Atlanta sucks" etc...

As it turns out they are all full of crap. Better not hear a single captain bitch about Atlanta... You are here by choice now.

haha.. good post. so why do people complain about atlanta anyway? it wasnt so bad. just dont stress out over things you cant control and its just fine......

So let me get this straight, a 200 Captain who wants to go to the 700 can't bid over, but a junior 200 Capt that does NOT want to go to the 700 gets displaced instead?!?!? This makes no sense. What does the company care which 200 pilot goes to the 70? This is one of the more stupid sections of our current contract.

So let me get this straight, a 200 Captain who wants to go to the 700 can't bid over, but a junior 200 Capt that does NOT want to go to the 700 gets displaced instead?!?!? This makes no sense. What does the company care which 200 pilot goes to the 70? This is one of the more stupid sections of our current contract.

No, you got it all backwards. 24.G.1.c says all vacancies (posted and resultant) go in seniority order first. Currently, there is one CR7 captain in ATL bidding CR2 captain in IAD. That leaves one resultant vacancy for an ATL CR7 captain position which will be awarded by seniority....not displacement.

I don't live in ATL because it sucks bigtime. But those who don't bid IAD aren't still in ATL by choice. Ever heard of a mortgage and a spouse having a job in ATL. Kinda of hard to sell a house these days, move to DC, help your spouse find a new job, by a house with the money you have from selling your place in ATL and switch your kid's schools. There are still people who can't leave ATL. That's why I got out before we got too imbedded in that sh*thole they call a city. But not always an option.

Yea too many folks want to talk the talk....but many are afraid to walk the walk.

Bunch of little girls. :smash:

Latest resources

Back